Cost of Annual Membership at your Club

How much is Annual Membership at your club?

• Total voters

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
Is Pottergate an option?
I like Pottergate, but I expect their annual green fee membership will be c.£300. I'm looking at clubs charging less than £40 to hold my registration while undercutting iGolf. England Golf have started this idea with their £40 iGolf scheme. It's not a surprise that some clubs have thought: we can have some of that.

D

Deleted member 17920

I like Pottergate, but I expect their annual green fee membership will be c.£300. I'm looking at clubs charging less than £40 to hold my registration while undercutting iGolf. England Golf have started this idea with their £40 iGolf scheme. It's not a surprise that some clubs have thought: we can have some of that.
I get that but is there enough opens throughout the year to get you regular games? I would miss having the membership if I gave it up.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I get that but is there enough opens throughout the year to get you regular games? I would miss having the membership if I gave it up.

I thought the same until I actually did. Taken me a few years to work out that I love golf but dislike golf clubs :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: (at least the ones that I have been a member of).

D

Deleted member 17920

I thought the same until I actually did. Taken me a few years to work out that I love golf but dislike golf clubs :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: (at least the ones that I have been a member of).
I have been a member of a few clubs and loved each one, I guess everyone is different.

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site

Easily enough to match the competitions that my club was offering. I belong to a society that plays ten times a year, and I can easily add 20-30 opens on top. I've been through the listings on Golf Empire and created myself a couple of itineraries (one that is all individual, and one a mix of individual, pairs and team). Add in a handful of social rounds (I mainly play comps) and that's a full year for me.

I played 39 rounds of golf last year but only 19 of them were at my home club. That's about £48 per round for the home fixtures. If they organised more competitions, I'd enter them all; but they don't, so I'm leaving.

Last edited:

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have been a member of a few clubs and loved each one, I guess everyone is different.

Totally, agree.What I look for is very much different to what is on the table locally and that is fine. One day I may find the right place but I am done with settling now and am looking for the right place and atmosphere for me before i sign up again.

Swango1980

Visit site
Easily enough to match the competitions that my club was offering. I belong to a society that plays ten times a year, and I can easily add 20-30 opens on top. I've been through the listings on Golf Empire and created myself a couple of itineraries (one that is all individual, and one a mix of individual, pairs and team). Add in a handful of social rounds (I mainly play comps) and that's a full year for me.

I played 39 rounds of golf last year but only 19 of them were at my home club. That's about £48 per round for the home fixtures. If they organised more competitions, I'd enter them all; but they don't, so I'm leaving.
It really did shock me when I heard about competitions at your place. When Phil joined (not LiverpoolPhil), he basically told me there was not one weekend singles competition in June, July and August (basically, a 3 month period throughout the best of the summer). It was all Opens and team type events. Wasn't sure how accurate that information was from him, but sounds like he wasn't far off the truth from what you say.

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
It really did shock me when I heard about competitions at your place. When Phil joined (not LiverpoolPhil), he basically told me there was not one weekend singles competition in June, July and August (basically, a 3 month period throughout the best of the summer). It was all Opens and team type events. Wasn't sure how accurate that information was from him, but sounds like he wasn't far off the truth from what you say.

That's true for August (when there are no singles comps at all), but a slight exaggeration for June and July. Between 1st May 2023 and 31st Oct 2023 there are 26 weekends but the club are only running 12 singles comps. There are 11 weekends with a pairs/team event, or an open; and three weekends with nothing at all.

In the four months from 1st Nov 2022 to 28th Feb 2023 there was a pairs winter league and one solitary Texas scramble. If you can commit to 15 weekends, and you can get in quick enough, then you can play the winter league. If you can't then there is nothing else. I don't mind not playing in the winter; but I do mind paying £80 a month to not play in the winter.

Meanwhile the seniors and ladies sections can both run full programmes throughout the year. I might rejoin when I'm old enough to join the seniors; or maybe I should have a sex change.

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
My plan is to join somewhere really cheap to be my nominal home club, and use the money saved to play lots of opens this year. No idea if this plan is actually achievable. Will let you know.

also on that plan - Igolf no option as a lot of clubs won't let you play sadly. (my thread from last year still had my option @ £37 from Shep (y)) Somerset bound

C7usk

Visit site
Still waiting on our new rates.. DD comes out 3rd of the month so would've thought it would be good practice to give you at least a month's notice of any increase.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Debating or not to re-join Fraserburgh, I'm only here half the year and its hard to justify with the cost of living at the moment.
I'm a member at Inverness and Fortrose for the winter as well.
I'm debating asking for a deal off the radar so to speak as I'm in a pretty unique situation, has anyone ever done this.....
I'd ask Brian, though that part of the world I'd imagine they must have a fair few guys in a similar situation.
I def won't be going to full membership at Nairn Dunbar, though I have enjoyed playing the winter comps. Membership up to over £800 and I think I saw the kings is over £600 too so a few have had a significant increase, not just Nairn.

Mandofred

Visit site
Got our invoices last week. £1232 with locker. I'm still trying to decide whether just to pay it all up front like I did this year, or do the £700+£5 a play like almost everybody else does. I just hate the faff of topping up my account all the time.....I'm lazy.

Mandofred

Visit site
Sounds like a simple... no of games your likely to play per year v laziness equation...
It's hard to calculate my laziness rating....it's pretty high. I'm also against the £700+£5 membership.....I still think there are a few people who sneak on, they had to really zap a few people this last season for doing that. There are also big gaps in the tee times where there is only one person down and nobody knows who is going to show up because a lot of people wait until the last minute to put their names down with their mates.

The smart move would be the +£5 every time......if you get hurt or something and had to take some time off it makes sense..... I don't always do smart things.

Skytot

Visit site
Last year it was £990 . This year it’s still £990 but we have had an increase. Last year fees included a £50 land levy which we have now finished paying for , but the board have decided to to increase by £50which keeps it the same as 2022

Jaco

Medal Winner
Visit site
Seems a lot higher in a city. Cardiff prices, although they are quality courses to be fair, £1000 minimum up to £1500, all plus joining fee.
Head five to twenty miles out, £500 a year upwards.

Jaco

Medal Winner
Visit site
I play in Cornwall when I can, and absolutely love it.
Membership there seems exceptionally good value. Newquay just £615, and The Point at Polzeath (my favourite) £690.
Irrelevant as I live 200 miles away, but would join in a heartbeat if I lived there.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
My subs are due end of this month and are such that my Mrs has told me to put off paying them as we might as well have the interest accrued on the amount due 🙄