Cost of Annual Membership at your Club

How much is Annual Membership at your club?

• Total voters

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
That's right, means that bar and food have money available from the start of the new subscription year.
I still know people who go in and spend their card money in the last month 😳
Wow. I’d clear that in around 10 weeks just on breakfasts!

It’s not a bad idea to be fair. Gives them a committed spend that they might not have had so keeps whiter lounges open

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Unless he has friends in high places, if he is moving to Minch New, there's currently a c2 year wait list.

I've only played the Players once, quite an impressive course but if I actually lived in Minch, it wouldn't occur to me to drive 40 mins to a club when there is a good one literally on my doorstep.
I don’t know his circumstances re friends in high places, and I guess that as he has lived in Minchinhampton for about 5yrs he may have put his name down a couple of years ago. He was a member of The Players when he lived closer to it than now and his loyalty and friends at the club kept him there after he moved home. When you are a club member of many years as opposed to a golfer who’s a member of a club, it can be hard to leave your club.

Reactions: AAC

D-S

Visit site
I have just paid for my grandson to join my golf club, £58.00 for the year and for that he can have a free group coaching session every week. Bargain !!!
Our club has had zero annual subscription for children and grandchildren of full members for the past 4 or 5 years. We now have a really thriving Junior section. It has been a popular initiative and the cost to the Club is minimal.

Reactions: AAC

sunshine

Visit site
Will be joining Essendon. Hope I won’t regret it! :)

36 holes, good practise facilities, nice clubhouse. And I hear they are getting rid of the "B" greens on the New course, which will definitely be an improvement. Don't think you will regret it!

One of my mates left Essendon a few years ago but he has gone back - that is always a good endorsement.

D

Deleted member 25172

36 holes, good practise facilities, nice clubhouse. And I hear they are getting rid of the "B" greens on the New course, which will definitely be an improvement. Don't think you will regret it!

One of my mates left Essendon a few years ago but he has gone back - that is always a good endorsement.

Hopefully! I understand Essendon is similar to a lot of the courses in the area and can get boggy in the winter, but understand that they've invested in drainage works the last year or so, so hopefully it will have the same effect as it has had at my current club, Mill Hill. We've seen a massive difference since that work was done. Fingers crossed!

Visit site
I don’t know his circumstances re friends in high places, and I guess that as he has lived in Minchinhampton for about 5yrs he may have put his name down a couple of years ago. He was a member of The Players when he lived closer to it than now and his loyalty and friends at the club kept him there after he moved home. When you are a club member of many years as opposed to a golfer who’s a member of a club, it can be hard to leave your club.
Understood, one assumes that is what he must have done. I guess there would be a bit of a trade off if you moved but not massively far away. For example if I moved to a point where another club was 10 mins nearer to my new home than my old one, I'd likely stick with the current club. But not 40 mins difference. I guess it's different strokes for different folks. Anyway, hopefully he'll enjoy what we have at our place. At least he'll be used to a club with a big membership. Some people come her from much smaller clubs and find 1300 members (1900 if you include the Old) a bit overwhelming.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Understood, one assumes that is what he must have done. I guess there would be a bit of a trade off if you moved but not massively far away. For example if I moved to a point where another club was 10 mins nearer to my new home than my old one, I'd likely stick with the current club. But not 40 mins difference. I guess it's different strokes for different folks. Anyway, hopefully he'll enjoy what we have at our place. At least he'll be used to a club with a big membership. Some people come her from much smaller clubs and find 1300 members (1900 if you include the Old) a bit overwhelming.
I’ve played with him a couple of times in your Tom Long Open across the three Minchinhampton courses in a day - exhausting and challenging, just as well we’ve played a load of foursomes together over the years.

Visit site
I’ve played with him a couple of times in your Tom Long Open across the three Minchinhampton courses in a day - exhausting and challenging, just as well we’ve played a load of foursomes together over the years.
Yes, that is definitely one to test your stamina. I've not played in it but I imagine you end up maybe taking a few fewer practise strokes....

AAC

Visit site
Hopefully! I understand Essendon is similar to a lot of the courses in the area and can get boggy in the winter, but understand that they've invested in drainage works the last year or so, so hopefully it will have the same effect as it has had at my current club, Mill Hill. We've seen a massive difference since that work was done. Fingers crossed!
I have been playing Essendon since about 1977 when we would rock up at 08:00 on a Saturday morning and be the only one's there, a japanese guy used to drive a van out onto the course to either collect our green fee or ask what we would like for breakfast. Both the course's are great to play and are in good shape. My only concern for you is that i understand from my PP that his son is a member and see's anything under 5 hours as a good round

D

Deleted member 25172

I have been playing Essendon since about 1977 when we would rock up at 08:00 on a Saturday morning and be the only one's there, a japanese guy used to drive a van out onto the course to either collect our green fee or ask what we would like for breakfast. Both the course's are great to play and are in good shape. My only concern for you is that i understand from my PP that his son is a member and see's anything under 5 hours as a good round

That doesn’t sound great about the speed of play. I like to play early in the mornings, so hopefully I can find a group of people who just like me wake up waaay too early than is actually reasonable on Saturdays and Sundays and who aren’t sloths on the course. :)

sunshine

Visit site

Well both courses are open today and mine is closed. So that’s a good start

Visit site
You Brits don't know how good you get it
I'm playing a course just outside Cannes this Wednesday
RT Jones design - but a lot of Reviews sugest maintenence is poor
Membership is 3,450 Euros a year :p

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
You Brits don't know how good you get it
I'm playing a course just outside Cannes this Wednesday
RT Jones design - but a lot of Reviews sugest maintenence is poor
Membership is 3,450 Euros a year :p
Yeah, but it is just outside Cannes, so I think you'd expect it to be ludicrously expensive.