Car Tyres

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I just don't see it, how many here who live south of Lancaster change to winter tyres.

I do not follow your comment.

I found the hazardous driving conditions course I was on very useful. I would never bother with winter tyres where I live but the course covers all sorts of road conditions. Rain, mud, ice, we certainly get a lot of those here.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I do not follow your comment.

I found the hazardous driving conditions course I was on very useful. I would never bother with winter tyres where I live but the course covers all sorts of road conditions. Rain, mud, ice, we certainly get a lot of those here.
Sorry I should not have used your post to reply. I was just enquiring how many people outside the Northern climes change their tyres in the Winter as I don't know anyone that does it.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
I had an Audi Quattro many years ago and used to commute between Dundee and Edinburgh. One winter morning I woke up to a heavy fall of snow but thought Four wheel drive and winter tyres, no problem! Only problem was all the other traffic stuck, blocking the roads!

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I remember waking up near hull and it had snowed over night... BMW 320d at the time so rear wheel drive in like a foot of snow down 30 miles of country lanes until could get to the motorway ..

Slow and steady .. after the initial sent it sideways

Just kept it in the line of the cars ahead tyres

We ofc got the idiot in the range rover overtake us all safely driving at 30-40 .. Muppet.

Those were summer tyres , if I lived up there I might consider all seasons but round here 90% of my driving routes are bus routes so are gritted constantly

Mandofred

Visit site
When we retired in 2011, we moved back to a cold weather area of the US. Bought a Subaru Forester and bought an extra set of good quality winter tyres/wheels. Changed them myself when it got cold enough/warm enough. Good winter tyres really make a difference, but I don't know anybody here in Harrogate that puts on winter tyres....conditions rarely get bad enough here. A Dr semi-relative that lives in Hebdon Bridge used to run a Panda 4x4 because she had to be ready to go out during winter to do her job.