BRS Overbooking threats!

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
We are allowed 3 bookings in a 7 day period which was not enforced before. Now if a member has booked more they receive an advice deleting one booking and advising if it happens again they will have a 7 day BRS ban! The member may not have booked the time NOR be on the internet on a daily basis so be unaware.

Any other Club’s operating a similar system and any thoughts?

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We have 2 future bookings in a 7 day period, it’s enforced by the software. You may additionally book on the day without affecting your future bookings.

Mandofred

Visit site
The first 3 days last week they originally only allowed people to book once during that time unless they wanted to play after 4pm. Surprisingly, things weren't rammed and they started letting people fill in the spaces that were still there. I was expecting things to be really crammed this first week or two....hasn't happened. They haven't set BRS to prevent people from overbooking....just told people not to. After those 3 days....back to normal booking.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Yes
when the bookings open on a wednesday evening for the following week, we are allowed to book 2

if you book 3, then its a slapped wrist

from Friday evening, you are allowed to book as many days as you like that are left, but only able to play once a day.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Every Monday we get an email reminding us of the booking rules - 2 slots only from Sunday to Saturday, book opens Wednesday
On Friday we can book any slots available up to 18 holes per day.
Last August/September I accidentally overbooked for my slots.
I got an email from the Golf Committee reminding me of the rules and informing me that the latest booking had been removed.
I apologised profusely and got a jovial reply. Knuckles rapped.
Nothing was said about future sanctions but I suspect if youre a regular then stern words would be had.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
We initially had a limit of 3 in 7 days but it was discontinued after a week. Course is full until late afternoon but no issues. 1st two hours 9 holes permitted from the 10th.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
We've got a maximum of 3 bookings in a 7 day period at one time - so you could have mon/wed/fri booked in and then book for sunday after your monday slot is spent.

There is the penalty if a member has more than 3 than all their bookings will be removed.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
No restriction on number of days at our place. We need to book 2 weeks in advance, it's obviously impossible to know what the weather is going to be like, so we tend to book a slot for every day, then decide nearer the time what days look best, and cancel the others.

Seems to be common practice at ours.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
After lockdown 1 we were restricted to 3 a week and the software automatically did not let us book more than that (Intelligent Golf).

It only changed when we were allowed 4 balls.

No restriction this time round because we are allowed 4 balls and in fact I noticed some booking twice in a day The software restricts the bookings to be at least 4 hours apart.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
No restriction on number of days at our place. We need to book 2 weeks in advance, it's obviously impossible to know what the weather is going to be like, so we tend to book a slot for every day, then decide nearer the time what days look best, and cancel the others.

Are there plenty of spaces or is it rammed busy - if it's busy then that's a really stupid system if it allows you to book then cancel like that.

D

Deleted member 15344

No restrictions- we decided that because members had all paid up over lockdown and we were at 4balls that we would have no hard restrictions- people were asked if they could stick to three before 12 in a week but it’s not monitored and so far we have had no issues

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site

As long as the times are cancelled, I don't see anything wrong with this.
Plenty people eem to grab times at my place and then cancel if not using them.
Times usually become available the day before.