Your feedback needed - a solution to slow play?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Not necessarily but if it takes 5 minutes to get out of range and you should have 8 minutes between times then you're already up their backs by teeing off 3 minutes early.

barrybridges

Head Pro
fairwaytogo.wordpress.com
I always thought that the general consensus was on gaps of 8 minutes between slots? Without a starter it's easy just to tee off when the group in front is 'out of reach'.

I don't know why I singled Godstone out, incidentally - it's pretty bad at lots of places around here.

Maybe it would be worth trialling something at a club, where they ask you to sign in at the end of your round purely so they can capture information on how long your round took you. Would be quite interesting to see (not to punish you at all, but just for the data on how long rounds are taking).

S

Snelly

Marshalls with cattle prods is the only answer. :)

Start at the top and get Pros to play rounds in no more than four hours. They managed it in the 60's and 70's, and then amateurs will stop copying Pros taking for ever to hit a shot, or line up a putt. When I started playing a pre shot routine was a quick half swing swish and then hit the ball. Now I play with people that take for ever just to get in position to smack it in the trees.:mad:

Golf is all about hitting a ball, walking after it and hitting it again. If I wanted to spend my time waiting I would hang around bus stops and train stations. Rant over.

An excellent post. Could not agree more...