Missing a tee slot booking

philly169

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Our club is running an 8 event Xmas Stableford comp, with 2 full weekends (sat and sun) and 4 single Sundays. Bookings for tee times on weekends start to get taken the following weekend, so booking a week in advanced. After 30 minutes of the pro shop being open on Sunday there are hardly any times left, mainly 12.58pm on Sunday, leaving you with around 3 hours until it gets to dark to play.

So today we managed push on from our 12.58 time and obtained a greenslot, very few available but its a first come first serve basis on the day and we managed to get 9.22am, great. Turned up to the course at 8.45, car park is fairly empty. 3 people on the range, no one on the tee and 1 or 2 on the putting green... Great showing for a fully booked day. We tee of 3 ball infront with no one infront of them and no one behind us...

We get through 5 or 6 holes and the course seems lifeless, no ones on the course.

My question, if you book a tee time a week in advance and fail to turn up should you be penalised by the club?

Anyone else have this issue? If I have a time booked and I know I can't make it anymore, I call up and cancel it...

Whee

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
We have stuff like this happening all the time. Thursday was absolutely rammed in the book, we got 10:32 but managed to get away with another 2 ball by about 10:15 - it was pretty much millionaire's golf all the way round. The club never seem to stop people booking, regardless of their track record.

They have just started making people pay for their medal round in advance though, cos we would usually end up with about 20 no shows.

People just have very little consideration for others.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Disrepectful.
I can go down to my club any weekday from now till April knowing the tee is booked according to t'internet but walk straight on due to timewasters.
Peasents the lot of them.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I guess thats the joy of not having booked times and I can roll up and go out. We do have a system in place if you pull out of booked comp times though without calling (i.e. just don't turn up). You get one warning and then its a months ban from comps

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Today is Remembrance Sunday dont forget, a lot of guys do not play. Our course is closed until 12pm each year. (some would be put off by the recent poor weather too)

SwingSlow

Head Pro
Visit site
Our club is now logging no shows, which is good as there have been too many times when I've had to go later than I wanted only to find the preceding three supposedly booked tee slots empty.

RichardC

Tour Rookie
Visit site
On the whole at mine they have the the following Sunday's start sheet in the stud bar on Sunday's. If you put your name up and fail to take your name off/don't turn up there is the threat to suspend for one competition (not sure if it's been done or not)

philly169

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Its probably a difficult thing to in force I suppose, its just very frustrating when your going in for a competition to find you cant get a tee, but on the day theres spaces.. not fun.

Pongo

Medal Winner
Visit site
If the weather takes a turn for the worse it's fair enough to not bother. Other than that nothing short of a public flogging will do for these bad apples. Show the scoundrels no mercy.