BRS Booking

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 16999

Back in track - what is difference between ball chute and tee time bookings?
I can’t see the chute on my phone.;)

In reality it’s like LP says, each Club will run whatever suits them best.
Beauty of tee time booking for me is simply you can book ahead or if you get some spare time I can log on and see if the tee is booked for whatever reason.
Saves a trip to the course to stand and queue etc.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
What’s the difference between a ball in the chute and booked tee times? Other than with the later you might have some idea of what time you tee off?

I assume roll ups get their ‘usual’ slot ‘reserved’ for them?!

Ball in the chute you have to turn up, and if there’s 4 balls in there, then wait for half an hour.

Booked tee time, you know you are off at say 0815 and can turn up at ten past and step onto the 1st tee.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Yeah I know a few members at clubs with no booking. They love it, doesn't appeal to me though.
I’m self employed, I’m lucky that I can arrange my work around golf twice a week midweek.

So booking is essential to me, I need to know when I’m going to finish, so I can book that first customer in.

Turning up and maybe waiting for an hour then following on with a packed course just doesn’t boat my float.

Playing Monday 11.30 Imurg has work before so I know I can book someone in at 9.00 and be good to go.

Fortunately at The Zoo we tee off normally at first light in the winter and about 7.30 in summer, there is nobody else around, it’s proper priceless millionaires golf 👍😎

User2021

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
we only book comp's online, rest of the time its ball in shoot - works fine for me, then I have known no different, so guess it is what you get used to.

We are a club that keeps member levels sensible, and don't have many society days.

Monday to Friday, if no comp on you are out quickly after arrival, never more than a 15 min wait tops.
Busy weekend in the summer, you may find 6 balls in the shoot, but we have an out door full range, two nets, short game area etc to use beforehand if need be or a coffee in the clubhouse.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Booked tee time, you know you are off at say 0815 and can turn up at ten past and step onto the 1st tee.

And shank it OB...:ROFLMAO:

As Fragger said, booking is essential for us and it works well.
We can also see when the tee is going to be busy. So if I have enough of a window in my schedule and I have time for a solo knock, I can see if it's busy and decide accordingly.

Kennysarmy

Visit site
Myself and 3 other members arranged to play on the Saturday just gone. We joined the queue at 8.50 and eventually tee'd off at 9.40!
Having the ability to book tee times would save us wasting our lives waiting....and whilst we were waiting in the queue, four guys just went passed and joined their mates in front!
Apparently the 3 or 4 groups who all go out at the earliest tee time of 8 am have been doing it for years and woe betide anyone who tries to get to the club early enough to get out first!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Myself and 3 other members arranged to play on the Saturday just gone. We joined the queue at 8.50 and eventually tee'd off at 9.40!
Having the ability to book tee times would save us wasting our lives waiting....and whilst we were waiting in the queue, four guys just went passed and joined their mates in front!
Apparently the 3 or 4 groups who all go out at the earliest tee time of 8 am have been doing it for years and woe betide anyone who tries to get to the club early enough to get out first!
Several questions here:

Is there not an option to go off the 10th?
Has anyone tried getting on the tee early. If they cause an issue make the club aware. If there aren't tee times and you are there first surely they have no standing to go off ahead of you

Kennysarmy

Visit site
Several questions here:

Is there not an option to go off the 10th?
Has anyone tried getting on the tee early. If they cause an issue make the club aware. If there aren't tee times and you are there first surely they have no standing to go off ahead of you

You can only play off the 10th if you're only doing 9 holes.....though we've not tried to see what happens if we walk from the 18th back to the 1st, but the course is very popular so we could still find ourselves queuing anyway - but we might try it!

We mistakenly got there once at just after 8, thinking we'd get off quite quickly, only to find five 4-balls in front of us waiting!

Just for the hell of it, we might all get there for 7.15 one day and see what happens - earliest you can start is 8 am!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
You can only play off the 10th if you're only doing 9 holes.....though we've not tried to see what happens if we walk from the 18th back to the 1st, but the course is very popular so we could still find ourselves queuing anyway - but we might try it!

We mistakenly got there once at just after 8, thinking we'd get off quite quickly, only to find five 4-balls in front of us waiting!

Just for the hell of it, we might all get there for 7.15 one day and see what happens - earliest you can start is 8 am!
I would seriously consider rocking up early and being at the head of the queue and seeing what happens. If it kicks off, talk to the club as you have as much right to go out at 8.00 as the others if there is no booking in place

jammydodger

Tour Winner
Visit site
At one of my old clubs we had a telephone booking or just rock up in the pros shop and book in person (2 weeks in advance). 2 of us fancied going out early one day , lets say 8am first slot , but there was a group of regs who always seemed to have the first few slots booked and we always played after them.

So the earliest you could book was when the first asst pro turned up and opened the pro shop , so my mate said leave it with me i'll book us in for the first slot. So he leaves for work early and starts ringing the pro shop at about 0710 , no answer and he rings back every minute for next 20 minutes until a breathless pro answers and says hes just walked through the door and how can he help. Mate says book me in for 0800 in 2 weeks time. Pro says its booked up until 0832 , mates cant be as hes first on the phone ! "Thats just the way it is" says the pro

Long story shorter I wrote to club asking how I can get one of the subscriptions that enables priority booking options as i'm happy to pay the extra like some of the members must be doing. Reply stated there wasnt such a membership category and they didnt know where i'd got such an idea.

I left soon after due the obviously unfair disparity between people paying the same amount for their membership

Homer

Visit site

Can’t you book a time? We book 0930 at our place on a Saturday and get to the tee at 0928 to tee off at ...er.... 0930?!

Kennysarmy

Visit site
Can’t you book a time? We book 0930 at our place on a Saturday and get to the tee at 0928 to tee off at ...er.... 0930?!

Members morning - it's a free for all from 8 until 12! There is a group of about 12-16 who are always waiting on the tee to go off at 8

$teelman

Visit site
After weeks of not being able to get a tee time at my local club since they introduced the BRS booking software and having a background in programming I built myself an app.. Long story short a few fellow members are a little perplexed and unimpressed by the fact that I get the same timeslot each week while everyone else seems to be in a lucky dip, things have been coming to a head with some of them accusing me of hacking the site :rolleyes:.

Am i going against the "etiquette of the game" as most of the clubs members would be a generation older than myself and a lot less technically aware or is it fair game?
Does your method / programme still work with BRS in 2020?

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
BRS was awful this morning. I was logged in, but it would just not let me book anything, even if that tee time was free. I was not the only one apparently. Comp tee times are a bun fight, but when the software won't let you book, you are doubly stuffed.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Our normal time for access to the BRS booking system used to be 19.00. We changed it to midnight after we were able to play again but members weren't happy.
The first day we were back on 19.00 the BRS system virtually collapsed. The BRS servers were trying to cope with hundreds of thousands of booking attempts at the same time.
It seems that 19.00 and 19.30 were the times most clubs had chosen as their release time.
We have since changed to 19.17. It works fine.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
BRS was awful this morning. I was logged in, but it would just not let me book anything, even if that tee time was free. I was not the only one apparently. Comp tee times are a bun fight, but when the software won't let you book, you are doubly stuffed.
We had that on HDID yesterday. It either threw up an error message saying you didn't have access rights for the page or would show the page and you clicked a time nothing happened. Occasionally you'd click and it would then come up saying someone else was trying to book the same slot. All became fastest finger first and a real lottery. Much better today

Status
Not open for further replies.