BRS it's started

Kennysarmy

Visit site
Tried to book in to the first comp for me this season in four weeks time.
Studiously waited on my phone, using brs app from 7.59
As the bookings opened i quickly scrolled down to 10.30 and could already see groups of 4 names against tee times already!!!
10.30 was already booked when my screen got to that time, ended up with 10.50!

How do they do it?

There must be some booking bot being used where they are pre entering names, surely?

No one can scroll, pick 4 names and accept the booking quicker than I can scroll through a few times!!!

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hasn't it been discussed before on here and there is no bot. Just fastest finger first with groups of people blocking off one time each and then adding in their playing partners.

Mens comps at ours seem far more sensibly run. You enter a preferred time zone two weeks before and then the tee times are drawn a week before the comp. Can enter as an individual or with PP. There are some exceptions where it is first come first served but not many.

Next weeks comp so far has 156 entered with times going up to 15:07 and currently no reserves. Are limited spaces available though so this will fill up more.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
We binned BRS and now use HDID for booking tee times, Club V1 for most other things.
I trust you realise that HDID is part of the Club Systems/Club V1 software - originally as back-end allowing reporting of results; now apparently also front-end to booking module. So swapping form BRS to Club Systems as provider would do that - and possible more.

Last edited:

Bwgan

Hacker
Visit site
If you are scrolling you're already to late. As soon as the button turns blue you need to be pressing it. Need to book on a laptop so your already there

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Need to remember that the time on the server is the crucial one. If your watch, phone, laptop system is different, you could be giving lots of others a head start!

We take in it in turns to book. Two of us do ok, the others less well. We looked at the times on our phones. The clocks on the two who struggle were 2 and 3 seconds behind.

In fastest finger first, it's significant. We also know that some 4 balls all try and book while speaking on WhatsApp...then take whoever got what they want.

You see all peak times as "in progress," then 5 mins later, many miraculously clear!

Kennysarmy

Visit site
Need to remember that the time on the server is the crucial one. If your watch, phone, laptop system is different, you could be giving lots of others a head start!

We take in it in turns to book. Two of us do ok, the others less well. We looked at the times on our phones. The clocks on the two who struggle were 2 and 3 seconds behind.

In fastest finger first, it's significant. We also know that some 4 balls all try and book while speaking on WhatsApp...then take whoever got what they want.

You see all peak times as "in progress," then 5 mins later, many miraculously clear!

Surely it doesn't matter what your device time is set too?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
We had issues with people being unable to log onto the system or the system running very slowly at 8pm...seems to be a popular time at golf clubs..
Thats what was established so we now have our fastest finger first scramble at 8.06....
Seems to have solved the problem

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hasn't it been discussed before on here and there is no bot. Just fastest finger first with groups of people blocking off one time each and then adding in their playing partners.

Mens comps at ours seem far more sensibly run. You enter a preferred time zone two weeks before and then the tee times are drawn a week before the comp. Can enter as an individual or with PP. There are some exceptions where it is first come first served but not many.

Next weeks comp so far has 156 entered with times going up to 15:07 and currently no reserves. Are limited spaces available though so this will fill up more.

This is how my last place ran the major comps. It kept those who usually play together apart, as you knew who they were.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
It does. If dozens of members are waiting to book times at 8pm when booking opens, you go in too early, you can't book. A few seconds late, others are already in.

In most cases it isn't an issue, but can be when its busy.
There's a counter which tells you how many minutes / seconds there is to go until booking opens. For me it's wait for it to turn to zero, page down, page down & click. It works almost every time. More reliable on a PC than a phone or tablet I've found.