BRS it's started

Genu9

Visit site
There's a counter which tells you how many minutes / seconds there is to go until booking opens. For me it's wait for it to turn to zero, page down, page down & click. It works almost every time. More reliable on a PC than a phone or tablet I've found.
PC is the way to do it. Just keep pressing F5 to refresh page while you're waiting. Your PC is usually connected directly to router, which will always be faster than WiFi.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We use IG and as per what has been said if you are scrolling to see what times are available at peak times you are already too late.

Choose the time you want, be ready with the refresh button and hope you have the fastest fingers.

With IG the booking system is not part of the clubs computer system but part of theirs so to get on we are 'competing ' with every club that has chosen to open their booking system at the same time.

I know several years ago when we had BRS there was rumoured to be a software bot available and I reckon at least one member was using it. Bots will always beat fastest fingers.

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
We have this at ours, I seem to be pretty ok at it, getting asked quiet often how I do it or what do I use, I just say I count down with the timer then refresh, don’t get me wrong it’s not failsafe, some weeks I do miss the time I want and it is pretty frustrating.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
It’s settled down a little at ours, although you still need to be booking comp times within 30 minutes or so of BRS going live if you want a decent time.

It’s nowhere near as bad as it was when we returned to golf after the first lockdown, when entire days were booked within five minutes. I genuinely had no idea how others were booking so quickly, but my assumption is that it is simply down to broadband speeds.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
PC is the way to do it. Just keep pressing F5 to refresh page while you're waiting. Your PC is usually connected directly to router, which will always be faster than WiFi.
Speed of connection doesn't matter a jot in this case! It's a (random-ish) timing exercise, not a speed one! You would be right if it was for something like a competition where 1st to register gets the prize though.
Oh and FWIW, some phone connections are actually faster than some internet connections too.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've moved from a club of 350 odd members to one of 800. This evening was my first experience of fastest finger. Tension built, they had a countdown clock for heavens sake ?, I was on my phone, my son was on his laptop. We chose different times, the clock reached zero ?. I got a slot, my phone was slow in getting my sons name up. 'Boom, we're in' came the cry from the settee. My lad did the job, 9.10 ?

A question for more experienced 'fast finger's experts, should I have simply pressed book when my name was in and then added my sons name afterwards?

At 3 minutes past the start time everything was booked up to 11.30. This is definitely a new world. Big buzz but can I handle that tension every week ?‍♂️. My phone alarm is set for the next release date, for the 23rd, in 6 days time. You certainly can't afford to be late if you want a morning slot.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've moved from a club of 350 odd members to one of 800. This evening was my first experience of fastest finger. Tension built, they had a countdown clock for heavens sake ?, I was on my phone, my son was on his laptop. We chose different times, the clock reached zero ?. I got a slot, my phone was slow in getting my sons name up. 'Boom, we're in' came the cry from the settee. My lad did the job, 9.10 ?

A question for more experienced 'fast finger's experts, should I have simply pressed book when my name was in and then added my sons name afterwards?

At 3 minutes past the start time everything was booked up to 11.30. This is definitely a new world. Big buzz but can I handle that tension every week ?‍♂️. My phone alarm is set for the next release date, for the 23rd, in 6 days time. You certainly can't afford to be late if you want a morning slot.

If it's BRS the slot is held for two minutes I think so you can easily add other names.