BRS Booking

Status
Not open for further replies.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I am ok with fastest finger first, but when you can click on an empty tee time and it just ignores you, it's very irritating. I finally got a time it would accept, but even after booking, the one I wanted was still available, I just couldn't book it.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
As a rule I am ok with fastest finger as everyone at the club know times are released at 7.00am. Like you when you click on a time and it still doesn't let you in and then you see other names going in on the time you want is a pain. Fortunately on'y three had booked on the time I wanted and so snuck in and knew the guys from the roll up anyway but far harder than it needed to be

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Slightly off topic.. we have just moved to this.. I hate it. It's awful

We had intelligent golf before.. which has an outstanding app with a great user interface, an app I might add we have to keep for handicaps and comps.. (why did we have to get rid of the booking then eh?)

Brs (which I have used as a guest in other places) is just poor compared. A few teething problems were too be expected but it's just rubbish compared to what we had

If it ain't broke and all that.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
After we started back our 'fast finger' time was 19.00. First day (evening) BRS just blew up. Apparently they had hundreds of thousands trying to get in all at the same time. It just blew their server out.
It seems that 19.00 and 19.30 are the most popular 'fast finger' times. After a second day we moved our time to 19.17. Perfik.

Hibees01

Visit site
Hi. Could anyone share any info on this app. We've been on BRS for a while but recently it's been almost impossible to book a time. Within 30 secs of the booking slot opening every time is taken. It's become the talking (moaning) point of the club and it's widely recognised many members are getting some form of head start. Would be ideal of everyone had the opportunity to use the app and put us back on a level playing field. Can anyone share the details. Much appreciated
HF

NearHull

Visit site
Hi. Could anyone share any info on this app. We've been on BRS for a while but recently it's been almost impossible to book a time. Within 30 secs of the booking slot opening every time is taken. It's become the talking (moaning) point of the club and it's widely recognised many members are getting some form of head start. Would be ideal of everyone had the opportunity to use the app and put us back on a level playing field. Can anyone share the details. Much appreciated
HF
Probably widely known, but the App is so much faster than the website that is linked to your club’s website.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
HF
What time of day do your booking slots become available?
See #84

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Probably widely known, but the App is so much faster than the website that is linked to your club’s website.
Using the PC, once you have logged in via your club login you are taken to the BRS servers to make any bookings. Or you may have a direct link to the BRS system
members.brsgolf.com/nameofclub
So the speed of process is determined by the usage of all BRS customers.
See #84

Last edited:

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
7.00 am. 8 days before. Key times generally filled up in the first 30 secs/ 1 min
Get your club manager to check with BRS to see if 7.00 is a popular time for other clubs. I would guess it is. If so, set it to 7.07 or 6.52 say. Or even 2.03 ;)

NearHull

Visit site
Get your club manager to check with BRS to see if 7.00 is a popular time for other clubs. I would guess it is. If so, set it to 7.07 or 6.52 say. Or even 2.03 ;)
We moved to 1850 because of the BRS apparant default to 1900 for all club bookings in the UK. It is far more robust now.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The last few posts explain a lot. We go live for tee times two days in advance at 7.00am so wonder if the recent crashes (it was crap again today) are down to that being another key time for a lot of clubs

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
The last few posts explain a lot. We go live for tee times two days in advance at 7.00am so wonder if the recent crashes (it was crap again today) are down to that being another key time for a lot of clubs
I was talking to our manager this afternoon and he said there area few 'hotspots'. It might be worth moving to a few minutes earlier or later.
He tried to move us to midnight but a few high profile members complained o_O

Hibees01

Visit site
We’ve had no problem at all - we allow bookings three days in advance and times go live at 10am each day.
Yes we’ve always been 7am. However before lockdown it was comps most weekends and they were booked via another system. Also more people working and 3&4 balls allowed. This has just become more apparent since courses re-opened

Woodsyorky

Visit site
I would love to get a copy. It’s got worse recently on BRS and I’m wondering how everyone is getting there before me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hibees01

Visit site
I would love to get a copy. It’s got worse recently on BRS and I’m wondering how everyone is getting there before me.
We've just changed our BRS starting time and things appear to have improved. Only been up and running for a few days but different names have started to appear in times where before it was always the same people who had the same times. Long may this continue
I'd start by asking your club manager if he/she can change the BRS booking time

Last edited by a moderator:

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
A significant effect on booking is the number of players who have been furloughed or laid off now booking during the week. Previously they all only played on Saturday and/or Sunday. And it seems they all want to play in twos.

Status
Not open for further replies.