Biggest cut ever?

Wildrover

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I played in a midweek stableford at my club and scored what I thought was a respectable 33 points on a windy day, finished 8th in Div1. The winner of Div2 scored 47 points off a 25 handicap and was cut to 10. This was only his 5th card and the first one with anything like this kind of score. I realise his handicap will even out as he adds more cards but that is one hell of a cut.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
My first handicap, way back in the early 70's was 18. A week later it was 14. Quite how it was worked out, who knows - I was about 15 back then.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I played in a midweek stableford at my club and scored what I thought was a respectable 33 points on a windy day, finished 8th in Div1. The winner of Div2 scored 47 points off a 25 handicap and was cut to 10. This was only his 5th card and the first one with anything like this kind of score. I realise his handicap will even out as he adds more cards but that is one hell of a cut.

That is the way the WHS works if you only have a few cards in

With just 5 scores in a players H.I. = their best score

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I went from 23 to 15 after shooting 52points then 12 to 6 for shooting a 66 .. then the new handicap regs (congu) came in when I returned and I went from 12 to 5 after posting a round at 4 over par and then another level par one so got an extraordinary cut.. Then I got another job and was too busy again and I am back up to double figures and having to ask for permission ☹️

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Back in the mid 80s, I got cut from 17 to 10 on general standard of play simply because I shot a good score in front of the handicap secretary and he had the hump about it. Thankfully we are a bit more professional now about handicaps.

Swango1980

Visit site
Must have been something in the North Lincolnshire air that day. At our club, a Senior shot 47 points, and went from an Index of 33.8 to 24.3 (resulting in a course handicap reduction of 10 shots). Not quite as high as in your case, but impressive nonetheless.