Best budget golf ball ever

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
Purely on price it's impossible to beat the FG Tour blemish.

If we were to exclude the blemish/overrun/practice and lake balls then I'd probably go for the Dunlop DP1 v3 as a urethane 3 piece budget ball. The original DP1 was also decent when they were £12.99 just before they finished them.

Going sub £15 then probably would be a toss up between Srixon Soft feel and Wilson DX2 with the new design.

Airsporter1st

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I bought 288 Wilson Ultra for £50. I split them three ways with my son and son-in-law, both of whom are high handicappers like myself and for our level of ability, they are fine.

As the two youngsters progress, I'm sure they'll end up giving the Ultras back to me, so I've probably got a good few season's supply at just over 17p a ball.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Golf Depot used to do them at £12.50, but they are now £15.00 on that site. Still a bargain, but slightly less of the bargain Gareth and my good self got at £12.50.

I got an email early Tuesday from Golf Depot and the yellow Chrome + were going for £9.99. Two dozen arrived yesterday.

PingPlayer15

Club Champion
Visit site
We've got a thread at the moment for the worst golf ball ever (Taylor Made Burner for me all things considered).

What are your favourite budget golf balls though?

I'll get things rolling and say Dunlop Loco!
My first box of golf balls ever and surprisingly softer than I imagined them to be.

That thread was started by me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in all fairness, the Dunlop loco is actually ok. I quite enjoyed using them and didn't feel like an absolute rock unlike top flite golf balls.