Best service you've ever had at a Golf Club in the UK?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I remember the first time I went to the Grove which was a GM event with Nikon and their rangefinders a long while back. Was happily hitting on the range and went to change clubs and there was a guy walking off with my bag. I thought he was a chancer roaming the range and started chasing after him, much to the consternation of my fellow GM attendees. He simply explained that my tee time was imminent and he had taken the bag to give the clubs a clean before I played and ensure I had sufficient tees and ball markers. I did feel rather silly but hadn't experienced service like that before.

I attended another event there (golf psychology and think Imurg/Frag or both were there). Decided to treat the wife to a stay overnight. Have to say the service in the hotel part and especially the restaurant was every bit as good as the service the golf facility offered

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I remember the first time I went to the Grove which was a GM event with Nikon and their rangefinders a long while back. Was happily hitting on the range and went to change clubs and there was a guy walking off with my bag. I thought he was a chancer roaming the range and started chasing after him, much to the consternation of my fellow GM attendees. He simply explained that my tee time was imminent and he had taken the bag to give the clubs a clean before I played and ensure I had sufficient tees and ball markers. I did feel rather silly but hadn't experienced service like that before.
Honestly, I think it would have been courteous for him to say something rather than just silently walking off with your bag. I'd have thought the same as you! 😂 Especially as I usually leave my wallet in the pocket of it.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Honestly, I think it would have been courteous for him to say something rather than just silently walking off with your bag. I'd have thought the same as you! 😂 Especially as I usually leave my wallet in the pocket of it.
A good few years ago chances are I'd have rowed first and asked questions later. Maturity (ish) helped as did it being a GM event but I agree. Maybe he assumed we'd been told