Best lesson with a Pro you've ever had

Leftitshort

Visit site
Point taken but on the premise the lesson progresses. The thing is, with all lessons, unless you work on the changes there is little chance of it making a difference
what changes did the lesson in post 2 make? Did you manage to shorten that back swing? Any resulting handicap cuts?

D

Deleted member 1740

I was struggling for ages with my putting and had never had a putting lesson though I’d been through a few putters, as it’s always the putter isn’t it?‍♂️?‍♂️

Had a putting lesson and it’s improved massively.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Not had much proper tuition. By far the best was the putting lesson. Am usually a better putter than my handicap but a couple of bad habits crept in that saw too many three putts from poor pace from distance

Took a lesson about a year ago and she sorted it all out in my stance/PSR and I'm using it religiously & putting consistently well

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I was struggling for ages with my putting and had never had a putting lesson though I’d been through a few putters, as it’s always the putter isn’t it?‍♂️?‍♂️

Had a putting lesson and it’s improved massively.

What changed? What were you doing wrong and what did the pro changed. In a similar boat at the moment where its always the putter to blame and not a user error (although not been able to practice hasn't helped)

NearHull

Visit site
A putting lesson. Didn’t actually putt very much, a lot of talking really. Two changes though, I was often coming up a foot short on medium putts, he got me to take my practice putt 18in behind the ball on the putting line and not to the side of the putting line - works well. The second was for downhill putts. He taught me to identify the point where the ball would roll into the hole on a straight line at a constant speed and then putt to that point. It was initially difficult to grasp the concept, but I still use it.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Point taken but on the premise the lesson progresses. The thing is, with all lessons, unless you work on the changes there is little chance of it making a difference

Absolutely. There is no point going for a lesson if you don’t practice what has been taught.

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
Every pro has probably had that.
Your backswing is too long

Film the guy and let him watch it

''My backswing is long isn't it''

i hate my long backswing seems impossible to change for me ... think it's more mental than anything it feels more powerful

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
i hate my long backswing seems impossible to change for me ... think it's more mental than anything it feels more powerful

I have mate like that (14hc)he’s got a long backswing but very inconsistent ours is a links course and he can get away with it sometimes but if he played a parkland course I don’t think he would break 100 many times.

He had a lesson and the pro tried to get him to shorten his swing but he just couldn’t do it.

fat80b

Hacker
Visit site
I'm another long back-swinger - John Daly-esque I like to think.

My big thought is slow the back swing and takeaway right down to get a nice wrist-set and angle where I want it. If I have a slower backswing, I can control the over swing and generally the result is much more consistency. Whereas if I try and kill the ball (with a big overswing, my lack-of-talent quickly comes to the fore)