Belton Woods

Grizzly

Visit site
Got a weekend trip to Belton Woods planned shortly - never heard of the venue, we just picked based on available, open and reasonably priced. Anyone played/stayed there? What should I expect?

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
My wife and a dozen or so others have played and stayed a couple of times. They found it a nice course and a nice hotel. I know no more.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Standard hotel and course layouts. Two courses which are quite different. I like them, but have only ever played them in poor conditions. I was supposed to be there the weekend just gone, but it got cancelled due to COVID sadly.

Hotel rooms are decent...there is a lot to like, apart from the bar prices!

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I was a member there for a year and live nearby. Nice hotel (beer expensive but it is at every hotel). courses are both decent hotel courses. Some decent holes, normally pretty well maintained (suffers a bit if wet). Decent all round place at a good price.

Eagle2

Visit site
Decent weekend away with a short taxi for the night out and a 4 out of 5 breakfast the next morning... now we have discussed priorities onto the golf.
Enjoyed both courses which held up pretty well in tough winter conditions so I imagine they are much nicer to play this time of year. They did a good deal on the course planners, coffee and free balls if I remember correctly.

Enjoy ??

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
The first ever boys golf trip I went on was to Belton Woods. A few years back now but we enjoyed it, the food was good, rooms good and the courses good for the price we paid.

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played and stayed a couple of times the organisers managed to negotiate a discount on the bar prices, there was a lot of us. Courses were good typical resort courses in good condition and friendly starters.

Grizzly

Visit site
Came back yesterday - actually rather impressed with the venue - the food was decent, and the beer was cold (and not that badly priced if you're used to London prices) and - this is a big think for me - the staff were refreshingly unsnooty, happily allowing us to play as a 5 ball on the Sunday when one of our group headed off early.

The courses aren't bad either - though the rough was absolutely insane - its been allowed to grow wild, and anything five yards off line was gone.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Thought I'd resurrect rather than create a new one. Looking at this place for our trip next year, ticks the boxes we usually look at, 2 courses and around 2 hours or less from home.
The deal we've found is for 3 rounds, rather just play the two at the resort and then get another round in nearby. Any recommendations?

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
Thought I'd resurrect rather than create a new one. Looking at this place for our trip next year, ticks the boxes we usually look at, 2 courses and around 2 hours or less from home.
The deal we've found is for 3 rounds, rather just play the two at the resort and then get another round in nearby. Any recommendations?

Belton Park, just up the road, is beautiful.
Sleaford GC is pretty with some interesting features (and will be cheaper than BP!).
Stoke Rochford (on the A1 just S of Grantham) is a picturesque and very friendly club.

Grizzly

Visit site
Ooh, spooked me some to see this thread back. We had a good time at Belton Woods - the range and practice facilities were a bit average but the Lakes course was very decent and the Woods has its moments too. A couple of our group played Belton Park as well and raved about it.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Came back from here last week, what a lovely place. Bar prices were high but that never bothers me as I'm there for the golf not boozing. Enjoyed both courses but found The Lakes a bit easier and shot a (good for me) 86.

We played Newark on the Friday we arrived and that was also good, would love to return.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Came back from here last week, what a lovely place. Bar prices were high but that never bothers me as I'm there for the golf not boozing. Enjoyed both courses but found The Lakes a bit easier and shot a (good for me) 86.

We played Newark on the Friday we arrived and that was also good, would love to return.

Few others in ther area as well, if you have the time add Belton Park and Stoke Rochford to the list.

D

Deleted member 15344

We went there three weeks ago and had a nice time

The Lakes is the better course but the other was ok

It’s a decent place for a group night away

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'll add them to the list if we ever return. I did try to build them into our trip but they didn't have availability.

Belton Park is the best in the area (imo), but then I've not played BW for over a decade, so it might have been looked after and improved since I lived there and was a member back in me youth. But I never, ever tire of playing Belton Park. Played it twice this year already (lucky enough to have mates who are still members) - try and play it whenever I'm back in the shire.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Belton Park is the best in the area (imo), but then I've not played BW for over a decade, so it might have been looked after and improved since I lived there and was a member back in me youth. But I never, ever tire of playing Belton Park. Played it twice this year already (lucky enough to have mates who are still members) - try and play it whenever I'm back in the shire.

The pro shop used to be run by a lovely chap :whistle: