Ashbury Manor - Oakhampton

Bamberdele2.0

Visit site
I am just in the motions of setting up my first society ready for next year.

Heard a lot of good things for Ashbury Manor - main one being value for money.

Looking at the 3 nights with 5 rounds full board for around £270.

Has anyone played the courses and experienced the venue?

Just looking for a bit of feedback on what to expect / any good links for deals etc.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
We called in to have a look around on our way back from a weekend break to Lanhydrock in Cornwall.
Got to be honest, it didn't sell itself to us.
3 nights accommodation with food is going to cost you £150.00 anywhere, so that leaves £120.00 to cover the cost of 5 rounds of golf.
About £25.00 a round. Roughly the same price as Llydd.
With the emphasis on "roughly"...
:eek::eek::eek:

Bamberdele2.0

Visit site
For the money it is fine. The courses are ok ish... just about. Depends on what the group are expecting and what they are used to playing.

Food was similar, perfectly edible, very good value, but no more.

Will be our first trip away. We are expecting to get very drunk. The golf etc is just a bonus.

We called in to have a look around on our way back from a weekend break to Lanhydrock in Cornwall.
Got to be honest, it didn't sell itself to us.
3 nights accommodation with food is going to cost you £150.00 anywhere, so that leaves £120.00 to cover the cost of 5 rounds of golf.
About £25.00 a round. Roughly the same price as Llydd.
With the emphasis on "roughly"...
:eek::eek::eek:

3 nights full board for £150 in this country is a pretty decent deal. No?

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Few guys from my club went for a package at Oakhampton last weekend - they go every other year!

From what I've heard its a good set up and worth what you pay! Haven't played it myself so cant comment too much!

MACM85

Visit site
For what you pay for room and food with the golf included is good. Just budget in the buggies. Think for a day you're looking for £25 a buggy. Depending how many of you there are then it could increase the cost per person.

Courses are decent and a challenge in places. Kigbeare the signature course. Oakwood and Pines with Beaches have some good holes but some average holes. You have to stick to the cart path when in the buggy so depending on where the ball is you may have a trek up a hill or down a hill.

Worth checking peoples mobility that they can handle the walk and terrain

D

Deleted member 15344

We have been there 3 times and it’s good fun

Most of the courses are ok , standard play and pay , not too long but still enjoyable , was in good nick when you see how much traffic they get

The Kigbere is a good course - decent test

The hotel is nice , food is good , the facilities are excellent, so much to do there

For the price is a great trip

Bamberdele2.0

Visit site
For what you pay for room and food with the golf included is good. Just budget in the buggies. Think for a day you're looking for £25 a buggy. Depending how many of you there are then it could increase the cost per person.

Courses are decent and a challenge in places. Kigbeare the signature course. Oakwood and Pines with Beaches have some good holes but some average holes. You have to stick to the cart path when in the buggy so depending on where the ball is you may have a trek up a hill or down a hill.

Worth checking peoples mobility that they can handle the walk and terrain

Great shout btw.

Will definitely need to account for buggies as 5 rounds sound a bit too much on foot especially with hangovers etc

MACM85

Visit site
Great shout btw.

Will definitely need to account for buggies as 5 rounds sound a bit too much on foot especially with hangovers etc

Kigbeare, Pines and Beaches I wouldn't even suggest playing without a buggy. Oakwood more manageable but still a good distance between some holes.

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We came back from Okehampton last week. In my opinion it's well worth the money. The courses are a good fun and can be challenging, the rooms are basic but have beds, shower, TV, kettle and crapper (so what else do you really need), the food is a great, loads of choice and all you can eat ????.

They do deals on jugs of ale, there are a shed load of dart boards, snooker and pool tables, also access to indoor bowling and 10 pin that you have to book.

Take a padlock for the lockers where you put your clubs as sometimes the ones which take a quid are all taken. The lockers are heated so your wet kit will dry overnight.
You can also book the markers for nearest the pin etc.

We have been for the past 4 years and have a range of handicaps and are booking for next year.

If you need to know anything else just ask mate.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Great shout btw.

As I understand it worth knowing that the courses there have a 90 degree rule for buggies. I.e You have to stay on the buggy path and walk to your ball when you are level with it.

I have not been but my son has. His clubs never even left the car as there was so much other stuff to do.

Bamberdele2.0

Visit site
We came back from Okehampton last week. In my opinion it's well worth the money. The courses are a good fun and can be challenging, the rooms are basic but have beds, shower, TV, kettle and crapper (so what else do you really need), the food is a great, loads of choice and all you can eat ????.

They do deals on jugs of ale, there are a shed load of dart boards, snooker and pool tables, also access to indoor bowling and 10 pin that you have to book.

Take a padlock for the lockers where you put your clubs as sometimes the ones which take a quid are all taken. The lockers are heated so your wet kit will dry overnight.
You can also book the markers for nearest the pin etc.

We have been for the past 4 years and have a range of handicaps and are booking for next year.

If you need to know anything else just ask mate.

As jim8 has mentioned - do you really have to stick to the paths with the buggy’s? Sounds like some of the rounds could take a lot longer than they should