Ashbury Manor - Oakhampton

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Usually the "90* rule" means that you stay on the buggy path until you are level with your ball and then drive to it (90*). Might be different there though :unsure:

I haven't been there for about 25 years or so but apart from the golf there was so much else to do the rest of the day - 10 pin bowling, swimming, tennis, bowls, archery, snooker, shooting etc - and that was just then. The food was mainly fairly basic but well cooked and plenty of it. Of course things may have changed since (e.g. the addition of several golf courses) but one would imagine for the better. I've never heard anyone complain that they didn't have a good time there.

Daff

Hacker
Visit site
Went some years ago. Would happily go again.
Understand it’s not Wentworth or the Ritz and you won’t be disappointed.
Agree with this - took the kids for 5 days earlier this year. Courses were fine and the amount of activities on offer is huge. Food was good. Rooms are basic but were clean and big enough. We'd go again

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As jim8 has mentioned - do you really have to stick to the paths with the buggy’s? Sounds like some of the rounds could take a lot longer than they should

Yes mate you do. It's a pain as you end up carrying a few clubs over to your ball to ensure you have a chance of having the right one. (also increases the time of a round and heightens the chance of losing clubs?)
If people have medical conditions, they can apply for a blue flag which means they can drive across to their ball.

You do get used to it and they do it to protect the fairways as there is loads of traffic on the course throughout the year.

As others have said you can walk, but the distance between greens and the next tee is sometimes to far to want to walk.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As jim8 has mentioned - do you really have to stick to the paths with the buggy’s? Sounds like some of the rounds could take a lot longer than they should

The reason I know about it was from a few years ago. A large group from our club went there and one guy came home after just one day because of they had not been told about it, he had poor ankles and had not been told he needed a medical cert to be able to drive a buggy every where.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Ps always worth checking wherever you go. A lot of clubs now have GPS fitted to the buggies which turns the buggy off if you try to take where you are not allowed and try take it to where you want to go. One place I play at does not allow buggies on the fairways which becomes annoying as it can be a walk to the other side side of the fairway or rough because of the side of the fairway rough where you are allowed to take a buggy.
We and other courses I have played use the GPS primarily to stop buggies getting too close to greens.