Belton Woods

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Belton Park is the best in the area (imo), but then I've not played BW for over a decade, so it might have been looked after and improved since I lived there and was a member back in me youth. But I never, ever tire of playing Belton Park. Played it twice this year already (lucky enough to have mates who are still members) - try and play it whenever I'm back in the shire.

I do miss my membership there but it is costing over a grand a year now and cannot justify that with how much I play.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
The pro shop used to be run by a lovely chap :whistle:

Must have been when they still stocked Persimmon clubs :)

The worst part about Belton Park is it's not progressive AT ALL. They could do so much with the club to make it welcoming and improve facilities, but every instance of ownership has been so short sighted. Even in the bar, they don't encourage people to eat or drink at all and make it as difficult as possible (no (or very minimal) spike bar area) - despite the food being good and very reasonably priced. The last two times I've been in on bank holidays - the club has been busy, but next to no one eating and drinking in comparison.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Belton Park is the best in the area (imo), but then I've not played BW for over a decade, so it might have been looked after and improved since I lived there and was a member back in me youth. But I never, ever tire of playing Belton Park. Played it twice this year already (lucky enough to have mates who are still members) - try and play it whenever I'm back in the shire.

I did parkrun over at Belton House on the Saturday morning and the route went past it, it looked in superb condition.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
You run along the top past the 4th tee if I remember.
Think it may have been along the side of a par 3. Looked beautiful and I was looking forward to playing it that afternoon. It wasn't until I got home and remembered that I hadn't played it and looked up which course it was.