Assistant Greenkeeper required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
No actual salary stated - pet hate of mine!!! :mad: Especially if companies say it is a competitive salary, can't be that competitive if they won't say what it is

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
No actual salary stated - pet hate of mine!!! :mad: Especially if companies say it is a competitive salary, can't be that competitive if they won't say what it is
Phone and ask if you're interested., it depends on experience.
Would you like your potential wage posted in a national magazine?

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Phone and ask if you're interested., it depends on experience.
I understand that people don't like to publicise their wages but you have also got to see it from the applicant who reworks his CV, swots up on the company as part of the interview prep, attends the interview (possible day off work, travel costs, etc) to find out the salary is not suitable for him.
But that detracts from your post so apologies for taking this off piste;)

And a 6-7 hr, 370+ commute for an unqualified person is a bit much for me

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I understand that people don't like to publicise their wages but you have also got to see it from the applicant who reworks his CV, swots up on the company as part of the interview prep, attends the interview (possible day off work, travel costs, etc) to find out the salary is not suitable for him.
But that detracts from your post so apologies for taking this off piste;)

And a 6-7 hr, 370+ commute for an unqualified person is a bit much for me
It only takes a phone call, maybe they pay for travel time:p

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
LinkedIn contains many thousands of lines about whether you should post a salary in a job ad or not. I guess it is up to advertisers, but statistics show, leaving it off reduces the number of applicants. (if you are offering market rate)

I think applicants are more interested in ln knowing what they are applying for, than the concerns above.

But, it is their call....

Last edited:

sjw

Visit site

Pet hate of mine, too. The only "competing" they are doing are with other potential employers, to see who can get away with paying the least.

"Competitive" means as close to the minimum as they can get. If they were proud of what they were offering, they'd put it on the damn advert.

Status
Not open for further replies.