Preferred Lies - Winter extension

NearHull

Visit site
Just received Yorkshire Union of Golf Club notification that there will not be an automatic extension of the ‘clean pick and place’ LR for acceptable scores after 14 May.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just received Yorkshire Union of Golf Club notification that there will not be an automatic extension of the ‘clean pick and place’ LR for acceptable scores after 14 May.
Our Ladies have just received similar advice from the YLCGA.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
They can only make it qualifying if they make it mark, lift, clean and replace in areas not cut to fairway height.
Not correct.

GH/4 Local Rule for Lift, Clean and Replace
Acceptable Scores are permitted when the Local Rule (Model Local Rule E2) allowing cleaning of the ball in the General Area is in place.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not correct.

GH/4 Local Rule for Lift, Clean and Replace
Acceptable Scores are permitted when the Local Rule (Model Local Rule E2) allowing cleaning of the ball in the General Area is in place.
That's as maybe (although I don't really see that's different to what Jim8flog said?) but in our case a) we haven't got E2 in place, and b) we're exceeding the permission that E2 would grant.

We were back to Q rounds last week using (and playing to) E3 but lots more rain this week pushed us back. I guess we could do Q rounds if we brought in all the necessary LRs but we've decided it's just simpler (and preferable for playing) to play preferred lies throughout and not have Q rounds for the while. I guess we'll see how the course dries over the next week.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
That's as maybe (although I don't really see that's different to what Jim8flog said?)
jim8flog said it had to be limited to the fairway for it to be acceptable but that is not so.

The General Area covers all of the course except for the other four defined areas: (1) the teeing area the player must play from in starting the hole they are playing, (2) all penalty areas, (3) all bunkers, and (4) the putting green of the hole the player is playing.

NearHull

Visit site
We are going to “end ball cleaning” LRs tonight. We considered bringing in E2, but we think that the membership will ‘forget’ to mark and replace when in the fairways. We will receive many complaints about mud balls but on the whole the removal of cleaning LRs will stop members ‘ misunderstandings’ .

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
jim8flog said it had to be limited to the fairway for it to be acceptable but that is not so.

The General Area covers all of the course except for the other four defined areas: (1) the teeing area the player must play from in starting the hole they are playing, (2) all penalty areas, (3) all bunkers, and (4) the putting green of the hole the player is playing.
Not sure that's what Jim8flog said. He didn't say it had to be limited to fairway - he said it can only be qualifying if areas not cut to fairway height are made lift, clean, replace (under E2 presumably). (OK, I use the words in a slightly different order - but it's easy to see what he meant. And , OK, I know use of words needs to be precise whe referring to rules).