Argument on course

JayB

Visit site
Frustrating as it is I have to agree with others, assuming you can't choose front or back nine start when booking in just go to the 2nd hole. play 17 blissful holes and if the 1st is free when back at the club house jump on it them.

If they are as bad as you suggest, this won't be the first the club have heard about them but obviously are unable or unwilling to deal with it. It's only going to backfire on you if you lose your temper and argue with them.

HPIMG

Visit site
I was in seeing the chairman this afternoon said I was more than happy to leave if nothing was getting done about the two slow golfers. Chairman said he will pull them in for a warning as they have already been told to let faster people through. Apparently just before I joined a email had been sent out to say about letting faster groups through as they have previously had complaints about the two old guys. I think he was as confused about there behaviour as I was he even said he had seen them play and agreed they are very slow.
So I would imagine from now on if I’m behind surly they will let me through?

D

Deleted member 25172

I was in seeing the chairman this afternoon said I was more than happy to leave if nothing was getting done about the two slow golfers. Chairman said he will pull them in for a warning as they have already been told to let faster people through. Apparently just before I joined a email had been sent out to say about letting faster groups through as they have previously had complaints about the two old guys. I think he was as confused about there behaviour as I was he even said he had seen them play and agreed they are very slow.
So I would imagine from now on if I’m behind surly they will let me through?
In principle, you're obviously right (if indeed these 2 are as slow as explained), but for the future if they're the first ball and you're second, then surely you'd just trot through and start on the second hole instead?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
In principle, you're obviously right (if indeed these 2 are as slow as explained), but for the future if they're the first ball and you're second, then surely you'd just trot through and start on the second hole instead?

If anything like my club you have to start from first tee at the first time as the greens keepers are working on the other holes before then

HPIMG

Visit site
Sounds like they will definitely be surly. :sneaky:
Say it does happen again they will of been told twice by this time, so would they not get a final warning or asked to leave ? I have no idea how these sort of things are dealt with.

Swango1980

Visit site
I forgot to say these two guys get first tee time so there’s no one in front of them. I did try and get first time from BRS but it’s impossible.
They might be slow at golf but getting the first tee time there lightning fast
So they are taking up one full slot as a 2-ball. You are taking up one full slot as a one-ball. At a time of year where slots are limited due to few daylight hours.

My recommendation is you make up a 3-ball. That way, you free up a slot for other members. You get to play in the first slot of the day. And the other 2 chaps don't need to worry about letting you through. Everybody's a winner.

Well, the above would have been a good solution had you not told them to F Off :)

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
So they are taking up one full slot as a 2-ball. You are taking up one full slot as a one-ball. At a time of year where slots are limited due to few daylight hours.

My recommendation is you make up a 3-ball. That way, you free up a slot for other members. You get to play in the first slot of the day. And the other 2 chaps don't need to worry about letting you through. Everybody's a winner.

Well, the above would have been a good solution had you not told them to F Off :)

I could understand that view on a weekend, but even in the winter I'm not sure how many people are wanting to tee off as soon as they can.

Just looked on BRS for our place and each midweek day has the first 5 tee slots 100% free, so you could tee off at any point before 9 if you wanted to

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I wouldn't bank on it, they sound like a right pair.
Yes they do and it sounds like they are getting away with it.

Why should members skip holes because of their arrogant behaviour.

Next time you encounter them, get your phone out before you ask them to let you through.
You will have video evidence if they say no.
Extreme yes but sometimes this is enough to call their bluff.!

Very poor from the club. They should follow up when members complain..

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I could understand that view on a weekend, but even in the winter I'm not sure how many people are wanting to tee off as soon as they can.

Just looked on BRS for our place and each midweek day has the first 5 tee slots 100% free, so you could tee off at any point before 9 if you wanted to

At ours the marshalls will pair up if needed however it's not needed midweek in the main.

Course is still pretty full but not full enough to worry about

That said the OP could tag on with them, tee off with them then bugger off on the 2nd whilst their still putting out

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

There’s probably a reason nobody plays with these two!😳

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
To be fair, this has only been the case for twenty years. Not everyone is up to speed. Quite literally.

🙄

About a year ago I was playing at another course with a few others and a 1 ball was pushing and I said let him through

Got the old "he has no standing"

I was like are you kidding? That rule is more outdated than women not getting the vote.