Are you still a hacker?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
What standard do you consider being no longer a hacker?
When did you stop regarding yourself as a duffer?
Or is it all relative, depending on who you are talking to?

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I can change after almost every shot! This game has that great habit of letting you think you can play then making you 4 putt or 5 off the tee! :thup:

D

Deleted member 16999

Once you become consistent, imo, single figures.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
At times I can hack with the best of them, at times I can play like a God!
You've only got to look at Tiger's short game yesterday to see that anyone can be a hacker!

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
So capricious is Dame Golf in bestowing her successes on we poor fools, that one minute we feel we're ready to go on the Pro tour and then the very next we seem unable to hit a cow's backside with a banjo at two paces.

I feel reasonably proficient one day and the next I'm The Mayor Hacker Town Arizona.:D

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I class my self as an Hacker. (17 handicap-not official)
Too inconsistent.
But I play for fun & don't really practice.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
A hacker definitely, can play great one week and look like I have never seen a club the next, birdie one hole and treble bogie the next. I will always be a hacker, I rarely practice, almost never have lessons and my warm up is a black coffee. Hell, I play hungover half the time. I have limited time to play and I spend that having fun on the course. I have no intention to give up a round or even 9 holes after work to hammer balls down a range so I am a hacker but a happy one

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I've been hacking quite a bit lately, but I guess it's all relative. I still have a ridiculous number of really bad contacts each round, but most of the time they go somewhere near where I'm aiming and I can limit the damage.

D

Deleted member 15344

When you no longer have more than one shot a hole you aren't a hacker :D

TheCaddie

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Seeing as my current consistent score is is 100-103.... I am well and truly a hacker!!!

SO frustrating, when you KNOW you can do better on some shots. Or one hole costs you sub 100.....

Still love playing though.