Anyone else not hit a ball 2018?

gmhubble

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi all

So have now gone to lay a round of golf six times this year and for the sixth time the course was closed

Have also been to the driving range half a dozen times when it was so wet and or windy that it would have been a waste of time getting a bucket of balls

Am soooo frustrated - anyone else in the same boat??

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Only hit balls at the range, but that is part of the shoulder rehabilitation along with the physio. Weather has been gash so not missing much on the course.

GaryK

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Only hit balls at the range, but that is part of the shoulder rehabilitation along with the physio. Weather has been gash so not missing much on the course.

Same here - had 2 discs replaced in my c-spine (neck) mid-December and am having to take it steady. A couple of visits to range and so far, so good.
Had the weather of been better recently, I'm not sure that I would have been able to avoid the temptation getting a quick cheeky 9 in.

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Same here - had 2 discs replaced in my c-spine (neck) mid-December and am having to take it steady. A couple of visits to range and so far, so good.
Had the weather of been better recently, I'm not sure that I would have been able to avoid the temptation getting a quick cheeky 9 in.

Ouch

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Played mid-Oct but succumbed to flu, and a combination of weather and can't be bothered going out in the cold has meant 1 round at Cleveland on the 26th Jan. 4 range sessions of about 60 balls in total.

My next round will be in Spain next week, and the next and the next and the next and so on and so on and so on...repeat, repeat, repeat.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Have hit far too many balls in 2018 - 3 buffers and 11 x 0.1 increases, not looking good for the Kent Links tour.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
I really dislike wind. Can't swing with a jacket, can't play without one in this weather. So I haven't been out yet.

Plan is to start going to the range again this weekend or next week, then onto the course the weekend after.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not a ball so far. Hoping to hit a ball on Sunday as the weather may be slightly warmer then. Not holding my breath though. I can see it being March before I really get out on the course.

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
I’ve not hit a ball since the end of October last year! Work, childcare, poor weather, flu, Christmas, and gout, have all prevented me from even getting to the range.

I’m due to play next Sunday, so will be visiting the range this weekend, providing my toe holds up!

GMC1981

Club Champion
Visit site
As others have said . I’ve traipsed down to the range once a week but not hit a ball off real grass since the end of November . Absolutely choking for a game .

First thing id be doing in the event of a lottery win would be to up sticks to a warmer climate where I could play year round .

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Played mid-Oct but succumbed to flu, and a combination of weather and can't be bothered going out in the cold has meant 1 round at Cleveland on the 26th Jan. 4 range sessions of about 60 balls in total.

My next round will be in Spain next week, and the next and the next and the next and so on and so on and so on...repeat, repeat, repeat.
If you need a partner I can get there at fairly short notice.:)

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Fractured wrist 6 weeks ago, so no golf so far in 2018, so all I've done is some putting practice and some one handed wedge shots last week

Hoping one more week & it will let me play

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
I managed to play 9 or 12 holes a few times with my mum (admittedly mostly because she is relentless and will drag me to the course even on days where I would rather stay at home due to frost or rain), but I had singed up for our winter ecclectic series and apart from the first comp in November, every one after that (there was one scheduled about every other weekend) was cancelled due to the weather. It is a bit hilarious. I think we now have one scheduled event left at the beginning of March, making the whole ecclectic idea a bit useless :smirk: The frustrating thing is, that the winter has not been that bad. There were quite a few nice, dry and sunny days. During the week. And come weekend, everything reverts back to snow, rain and hailstorm.