Expected Score For Hole Not Played

YandaB

Visit site
So 3.2b/1 in the 2024 Rules of Handicapping says:

An expected Score Differential for the hole or holes not played is calculated, based on a given Handicap Index and a course of standard difficulty.

So a course of standard difficulty is one where SR=113 and CR=Par?

To me this is telling me that there is a simple lookup table for each HI for par 3, 4, 5, 6 and even par 7 holes.

If I know a Score Differential for a round from the EG site and there is one hole not played, I beleive that I can work out the Adjusted Gross Score for that hole...

AGS (for round) = SD*(SR/113) + CR + PCC

AGS (for hole) = AGS (for round) - AGS (for holes played) i.e. strokes taken adjusted for nett double bogey

Is that correct?

Will Arnold

Visit site
EG notified a glitch in the expected score calculation. They are in consultation with the R&A about it, as they don't control the algorithm.
They hoped to have 'good news' late last week - obviously not yet.
Looks like the glitch has been fixed. The Score Diff has been revised from 18.4 to 23.8 which makes a lot more sense (as said, net pars for missing holes would have resulted in a 23.2 Score Diff). Hurrah.

D-S

Visit site
Looks like the glitch has been fixed. The Score Diff has been revised from 18.4 to 23.8 which makes a lot more sense (as said, net pars for missing holes would have resulted in a 23.2 Score Diff). Hurrah.
That’s good news, although apparently it’s not fixed everywhere yet.