Anyone else not hit a ball 2018?

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I've played about 7 rounds, had 6 half hour lessons and been to the range on average once a week since the turn of the year but most times it's been in poor weather.

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not hit a ball since maybe October/November. Bags in the garage probably getting mouldy. Might try get out at the weekend if the weather looks ok. Got a round booked in March but nothing on the cards until then.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I've played about 7 rounds, had 6 half hour lessons and been to the range on average once a week since the turn of the year but most times it's been in poor weather.

Hecky Thump Chris, are you looking to get on the Seniors Tour? You've fitted in about 3 years practice for me...

D

Deleted Member 1156

I've played about 7 rounds, had 6 half hour lessons, changed my clubs 3 times and been to the range on average once a week since the turn of the year but most times it's been in poor weather.

Fixed for you Chris :thup:

Spear-Chucker

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I hadn't until Tuesday, even then it was only a few chips and some 50yd pitches. Another one suffering from disc problems in my back (prolapse) - fingers crossed it's getting better and hoping for a game next month. Possibly. Maybe.

I usually play and practice in all conditions throughout the winter so it's been a monumentally frustrating time; definitely a first world problem, however. I can putt now at least without any pain and am therefore hitting about 2.5m per evening :D

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
The last time I hit a ball was 23rd September 2017, I just can't get motivated to play. This time last year I'd played a few rounds and was at the range a couple of times a week, but this year I just can't work out why I haven't played, the only time I've touched my clubs was to pick the bag up as the weight of clothes wor lass had piled up on top of it had caused it to topple over.

PCWOX

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Played loads. To those who haven't played, are you members of golf clubs? Personally, I would hate for my membership to go to waste by not playing at all in the Winter. I understand that course closures will have an effect too.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have not hit a ball and am still a couple months away and that's if all goes well with my back.
Have had a few swings in the garden to check where I am at power wise and I reckon I'm at about 30%.
Lucky its winter I guess.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Is this because the weather has been so bad in the South? If I had to rely playing my home course I'd be toiling a bit as I've only managed six rounds this year, but because there are so many quality links courses round here it's possible to play nearly every day at much reduced visitor fees.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I've played once or twice every week and every time I am out - regardless of the weather which has been pretty crud at times and no matter how badly I might be playing - I count my blessings that I am fortunate enough to be able to be a member of a track such as ours.

D

Deleted member 1147

Played loads. To those who haven't played, are you members of golf clubs? Personally, I would hate for my membership to go to waste by not playing at all in the Winter. I understand that course closures will have an effect too.

Yes, but unfortunately I’ve been seriously ill for the last few weeks. On the mend now and should be playing 18 on Saturday hopefully.