Anyone else not hit a ball 2018?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Yes, but unfortunately I’ve been seriously ill for the last few weeks. On the mend now and should be playing 18 on Saturday hopefully.

Get well soon. Whats the forecast like for your neck of the woods? Looking good down here and looking forward to a full weekend of golf. Don't have too many expectations for Saturday but make sure you enjoy it

D

Deleted member 21258

I hadn't until Tuesday, even then it was only a few chips and some 50yd pitches. Another one suffering from disc problems in my back (prolapse) - fingers crossed it's getting better and hoping for a game next month. Possibly.

Hope you get better soon Rob, bet it was to many mince pies at christmas;)

D

Deleted member 1147

Get well soon. Whats the forecast like for your neck of the woods? Looking good down here and looking forward to a full weekend of golf. Don't have too many expectations for Saturday but make sure you enjoy it

Weather looks ok for the weekend. Cold but dry & pretty still hopefully

D

Deleted member 1147

Here’s to a full recovery James.:thup:

I’ll be fine, cheers. Probably couldn’t compete for a while, the amount of steroids I’m on would get me banned for life.

User 105

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Think I've played once. Not been to the range either.

Just can't be bothered this time of year anymore. Just don't enjoy it so why bother.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Think I've played once. Not been to the range either.

Just can't be bothered this time of year anymore. Just don't enjoy it so why bother.

Thinks that's the nutshell. If you are out there freezing your bits off, playing badly and hating being there then why bother. It's suppose to be something we do for enjoyment

gmhubble

Head Pro
Visit site
Went to the range today at my local posh club - balls just plugging in the ground - God knows what the course would play it - doesn’t look like fun at all

DCB

Visit site
Yep, too cold and wet underfoot to even make me think of lifting a club. Given the likelyhood of this cold weather lasting well into March, it may well be Easter before I venture out. I don't see the point if I'm not going to enjoy it.

A nice sunny afternoon may see a brief visit to the practice ground, but, no promises 😉

D

Deleted member 1147

Yes, but unfortunately I’ve been seriously ill for the last few weeks. On the mend now and should be playing 18 on Saturday hopefully.

Beautiful afternoon for it today.
Only hit 4 fairways but managed to play to handicap, so pretty chuffed.
But I’m absolutely knackered now. Shows how you need to keep match fit.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Day forty six after wrist fracture and managed to go to range today and hit at about half to two thirds speed
Hopefully next weekend I can attempt a full swing on the course

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Day forty six after wrist fracture and managed to go to range today and hit at about half to two thirds speed
Hopefully next weekend I can attempt a full swing on the course

Good news but I wouldn't be hitting too many off a hard range mat (assuming that's what you did) or rushing it and putting too much stress on the wrist too soon

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
I hit a golf ball today! A few wedges and some 8i, a few good, mostly ok, and a few bad - but it was good to have a swing at last.

12.06 next week will be the true test, looking forward to it.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Good news but I wouldn't be hitting too many off a hard range mat (assuming that's what you did) or rushing it and putting too much stress on the wrist too soon

Nah its all grass. I did top quite a few with hybrid from fear of hitting the ground though :( Yeah everyone has the same message about getting back too early and I'm trying to stay level headed about it

Wrist is aching today but more from lack of exercise rather than inflaming the injury (I hope) So no exercise on it today and maybe get to the range later in the week to try different clubs

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I went to the grass range at my club on Sunday, does that half count? It had belted it down the evening before so whilst the course was open I knew balls would be plugging, you would be eating mud after an iron shot. That was no fun but hey, it was 7°C so I wanted to do something. First time in ages, I reckon I hit 30% well, 30% hacked and 40% dodgy but not truly awful. The good news is I started to remember what to do more often by the end of the basket. I finished up with 15 minutes on the putting area, something I need to do more of this season. Good fun.

xreyuk

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I hate going the range as I can’t practice properly so I’ve only been once. Got my first round in just over a week ago and it was not great!

I find going out and playing 6-9 holes in an evening (when it’s light enough) is much better practice than the range. In winter I really struggle.