Inverness Golf Trip

123*

Hacker
Visit site
Hi all,

In the Inverness area in May time and have a few days spare. I know I am very much spoilt for choice but anyone have a rough itinerary of what they’d recommend for three days (5 rounds)?

More than happy to play 36 at the same course too! Budget isn’t really a huge factor, happy to splash out if it is a bucket list course but equally happy to play cheap and cheerful!

Many thanks!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Hi all,

In the Inverness area in May time and have a few days spare. I know I am very much spoilt for choice but anyone have a rough itinerary of what they’d recommend for three days (5 rounds)?

More than happy to play 36 at the same course too! Budget isn’t really a huge factor, happy to splash out if it is a bucket list course but equally happy to play cheap and cheerful!

Many thanks!
Must plays would be
Dornoch,Nairn and Castle Stuart. You would have to book Royal Dornoch this year as they tend to sell all the visitor tee times in advance.

Then, Brora, Tain, fortrose and moray old.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Aside from the must plays listed above, there’s a couple of fun plays too. Golspie, Bonar Bridge and Reay are also worth a trip.

Golspie located between Dornoch and Brora, is a lovely track albeit behind Dornoch and Brora in my order of play. My youngest was a member there and likes it more than Brora.

Bonar Bridge is also close by, it’s a community run 9 hole course, no full time green staff. If the clubhouse is closed there’s an honesty box, cost £10 when I played it a couple of years back. Was recommended to me by Patrick, greens are a little different but the course and views were fabulous.

Reay is the most northern links course on the Uk mainland.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Must plays would be
Dornoch,Nairn and Castle Stuart. You would have to book Royal Dornoch this year as they tend to sell all the visitor tee times in advance.

Then, Brora, Tain, fortrose and moray old.
Patrick I am playing castle Stewart at the end of the month With a guy I met in Mauritius. What’s your thoughts on the place. 👍

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Patrick I am playing castle Stewart at the end of the month With a guy I met in Mauritius. What’s your thoughts on the place. 👍
Castle Stuart is absolutely first class, from the clubhouse sitting having a bacon roll and dram, warm up facilities excellent then the course is top drawer, I personally prefer it to Royal Dornoch.
If you’re travelling this far, try and get Dornoch or Nairn in 😉

Tashyboy

Visit site
Castle Stuart is absolutely first class, from the clubhouse sitting having a bacon roll and dram, warm up facilities excellent then the course is top drawer, I personally prefer it to Royal Dornoch.
If you’re travelling this far, try and get Dornoch or Nairn in 😉
Am having a couple of days chillin with a couple from Glasgow. The golf was a pressie for him for his birthday and he asked me to play with him. I said yeas not knowing it’s near the arctic circle. 😁
It’s one round and a good catch up with him and his family. Up on Thursday and back on Saturday as he is at the old firm Derby on the Sunday.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Am having a couple of days chillin with a couple from Glasgow. The golf was a pressie for him for his birthday and he asked me to play with him. I said yeas not knowing it’s near the arctic circle. 😁
It’s one round and a good catch up with him and his family. Up on Thursday and back on Saturday as he is at the old firm Derby on the Sunday.
Could maybe take you’s round Inverness late Thursday afternoon depending where you’re staying and arriving, give me a shout if you want to and I’ll look at times.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Could maybe take you’s round Inverness late Thursday afternoon depending where you’re staying and arriving, give me a shout if you want to and I’ll look at times.
Cheers Brian, am hoping we end up in Inverness at some point. Although I have a sneaky feeling that Missis T will be having a sneaky look for a longer stay. Watch this space. Staying at ardesier Star inn rooms. Having a meal in there the menu looks gorgeous, starters.

Haggis fritters, Coated in a light beer batter, served with whisky mayonnaise.

Sweet lord man, that’s an aphrodisiac on a plate.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
It's OK, imo better than Kingsbarns. But at the end of the day it's an American interpretation of a links course. Wide open not much bunkering, good fun though, make sure you have a hotdog at the half way hut. Could get you a game around nairn of an evening if you promise not to wear speedos and crocs

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Cheers Brian, am hoping we end up in Inverness at some point. Although I have a sneaky feeling that Missis T will be having a sneaky look for a longer stay. Watch this space. Staying at ardesier Star inn rooms. Having a meal in there the menu looks gorgeous, starters.

Haggis fritters, Coated in a light beer batter, served with whisky mayonnaise.

Sweet lord man, that’s an aphrodisiac on a plate.
Don't know it but Ardersier is a right dump🤣

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Make it about 5 and I'll join you, or come gorse a game at Nairn. Might be your last chance, talk of putting up the membership fee up again closer to £1200. Taking the absolute rip, m8ght not be renewed next year

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Few years ago I got a highland pass and played Dornoch,Tain, Golspie Brora and Fortrose.

I enjoyed the round at Tain the most and was underwhelmed with Royal Dornoch.