Best golf snacks

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Every time this subject arises it always amazes me how many people seem incapable of going 4 hours without food or drink.

Eat and drink whatever you like but it’s unnecessary.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Red Bull and a Twix on the way to the course. Coffee and a bacon roll when I get there.

Tube of Fruit Pastilles and a bottle of Lucozade sport on the way round. Maybe a few Rhubarb and Custards if I'm playing with a particular member (though one lad i played with yesterday produced a tub of mini pork pies which were well appreciated)

If i'm playing 36 holes then there will be an additional two bottles of lucozade sport, maybe a banana or two and a bag of mixed fruit and nut.

Hunger is rarely a problem.....occasional unintentional flatulence at the top of the backswing sometimes causes a mishit however.

sunshine

Visit site
I wonder if we play at the same club.
Sausage roll and a coffee after 10 holes - marvellous.

I know 10 isn’t halfway, but that’s where the hut is !!!

My mate's club has a very good local rule. The 9th is a par 3 and whoever is furthest from the pin has to buy the sausage rolls in the halfway hut for his group.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Browsing through these posts, it seems on-course food choices are mainly meat, wheat (& other cereals), fruit, nuts and confectionary.
I mentioned that I like to take a few radishes to go with my pork pies.
Other veg I have taken at times include carrot, celery, small plum tomatoes and cucumber.
Does anyone else ever consider vegetables as suitable foods to eat while playing golf?
If not, why not?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Browsing through these posts, it seems on-course food choices are mainly meat, wheat (& other cereals), fruit, nuts and confectionary.
I mentioned that I like to take a few radishes to go with my pork pies.
Other veg I have taken at times include carrot, celery, small plum tomatoes and cucumber.
Does anyone else ever consider vegetables as suitable foods to eat while playing golf?
If not, why not?
Raw vegetables?? 🤮🤮 I don't like eating veg at home let alone bringing it to my happy place.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
If its edible - I can eat it.

Next summer, I might consider pickled onions and cooked beetroot. Not together, obviously, but on separate occasions.
I mean, some of us like to eat food that actually tastes nice? I sometimes wish I was one of those people who could just see food as basic sustenance rather than something to be enjoyed - I'd be a fair bit thinner I reckon - but I'm not.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Ah, the old dichotomy of what I want and like contrasted with what I need and ought.

Relates to a lot more things than food. Knowing when to lean in the right direction between the two is a skill to be learned in life.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I play golf for pleasure. Equally, any food or drink that I have either before, during or after golf is also in the fun category. No way am I having sensible food, that I don't really like but have because I should, whilst having fun. It would suck some of the joy from the day.

Eating raw veg during golf reminds me of kids parties, where the righteous parents have carrot sticks and cucumber sticks on the table. Guess whats left on the table whilst all of the fun stuff has been eaten..............