Best golf snacks

sjw

Visit site
Starting the day off with a bowl of cereal probably isn’t the best idea.

Omelette in a wrap with some mushrooms, peppers and maybe a slice of bacon would mean the food requirement on course is lessened.
Couple of bananas in the bag to see you through the round. (y)
Wait, cereal is bad now? I've spent 28 years of my life being told that cereal is a nice healthy way to start the day :(

sjw

Visit site
As an aside, what do you view as the holes you can score on at your course? Is the back 9 more difficult or about the same as the front 9? It may be that you’re playing a tough stretch of holes and scoring badly on those, they just happen to be in the back 9??
As for the answer to the question, something like breakfast bars cereal bars are usually good, when I go away and we are playing 36 in a day I always take a bunch of those
**I** always think the back nine is tougher, but I've never played the course the other way around! I think the hardest stretch of holes are 10 through 13 (and maybe 14) which doesn't coincide with where I've scored poorly. I also have a thing with hole 7 at the moment but that's because I put myself into trouble off the tee, not because I'm hungry! :ROFLMAO:

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Wait, cereal is bad now? I've spent 28 years of my life being told that cereal is a nice healthy way to start the day :(

It'll depend which cereal you're eating, but some of them are actually not great for you.

If it's wholegrain oats, then you're fine, but some of the others have salt, sugar, additives in etc,

sjw

Visit site
It'll depend which cereal you're eating, but some of them are actually not great for you.

If it's wholegrain oats, then you're fine, but some of the others have salt, sugar, additives in etc,
Shreddies for me - not quite corn flakes but I can't imagine cereal comes much healthier. I definitely need to add something else though - they used to "see me through til lunch" but now it's to about 11.30!

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Shreddies for me - not quite corn flakes but I can't imagine cereal comes much healthier. I definitely need to add something else though - they used to "see me through til lunch" but now it's to about 11.30!

I’ve tried Shreddies once, and they’re just not for me.
The general guide is to avoid ultra processed foods. For me, a humble egg omelette with a few mushrooms and grated cheese in a wrap is much tastier, and is going to provide far more nutrition. (y)

D

Deleted member 23270

I think a few people on here should consider gym membership if they are dropping 10 shots in the last few holes.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Shreddies according to the label has sugar and invert sugar syrup in it, probably not the absolute healthiest.
How come they still taste like cardboard then? I speak as a shreddies muncher, I add sultanas in to neutralise the cardboard taste. Maybe I should go full Cinnamon Graham's and just say to heck with it 🤷‍♂️

sjw

Visit site
I’ve tried Shreddies once, and they’re just not for me.
The general guide is to avoid ultra processed foods. For me, a humble egg omelette with a few mushrooms and grated cheese in a wrap is much tastier, and is going to provide far more nutrition. (y)
An omelette is a good shout tbf, but that involves me being more organised than my current routine of promising to get myself up early before laying in bed too long and rushing about

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
In a fairly small tupperware I can fit 2 mini pork pies, 4 small red radishes and two shortbread fingers.
Usually start scoffing on the 4th tee and eat the last biscuit on the 16th.
In summer I drink about a litre and a half of water during a round.
5ft 11ins and 11st 10lbs.
I've taken my nutritional advice from my type 1 diabetic older brother who is a distance runner.
Avoid peaks and troughs by eating little and often during extended activity of a few hours.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Playing at the weekend I found that yet again my back nine let me down. +9 thru 9 which could have been much lower, but finished +25 with most of them coming on holes 14-17. Noticed around that time that I was really hungry - teed off at 10.30 having only had a bowl of cereal for breakfast.

I know that people take bananas round, and I've heard that jelly babies are really good for energy. Does anyone else have any good recommendations?

Grenade bar, especially the salted caramel one. Scoff that on the 8th tee and it’s power up time!!!

Trapdraw

Medal Winner
Visit site
For me it’s bananas, mixed nuts and water.

With stuff like cereal, it’s full of sugar so you get the peak from that then there is a crash.
Keep away from ultra processed foods, they are just full of sugars.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Playing at the weekend I found that yet again my back nine let me down. +9 thru 9 which could have been much lower, but finished +25 with most of them coming on holes 14-17. Noticed around that time that I was really hungry - teed off at 10.30 having only had a bowl of cereal for breakfast.

I know that people take bananas round, and I've heard that jelly babies are really good for energy. Does anyone else have any good recommendations?
Is it just bad golf or are you getting frustrated as well?

I carry a homemade flapjack for halfway. It’s one from a cycling recipe book, which I could highly recommend if interested. You essentially need something that will give you a short term boost and a long term fueling. Sweets won’t do this as you’ll sugar crash.

The reason I ask about frustrations is because that is largely hydration. I go through a bottle of water every 9 holes as well as drinking a pint in the clubhouse with my breakfast prior to going out. I used to get really frustrated and angry before I read hole in one nutrition and the hydration factor has eliminated the issue completely.