And my new club is.....

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Enjoyed Princes - it’s three nice 9 hole course , will be interesting to see what it’s like as a members club though as it seems to have a lot of visitors, and also there is the stunning course next door

Can't tell you how much better the 3 9s are now to when you guys were down for the Kent links meet.

Totally rebuilt 1 9 and huge improvements to the other 2. Massive earthworks around the holes so they all have their own setting. It’s now a top course.

Papas, happy to join you whenever you fancy a game. Open invite back at my place (y)

D

Deleted member 17920

Oh very nice Dave.

Was thoroughly impressed with the whole set up there when we went for the very very wet Kent meet.

I fully expect they manage visors and members really well.

Probably the best members club of the 3 courses. I can’t imagine been a member at RSG is fun.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Oh very nice Dave.

Was thoroughly impressed with the whole set up there when we went for the very very wet Kent meet.

I fully expect they manage visors and members really well.

Probably the best members club of the 3 courses. I can’t imagine been a member at RSG is fun.

My mate who gets me on RSG says he wouldnt wanna be a member there. Far too many groups you have to be part of...

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
The fees for visitors looks on the steep side.
How much is full membership?

Hasn't mentioned full price yet. Was only willing to discuss what's actually available.

Tbh I'm happy enough with 5 day. Working shift it get lots of free time. But sometimes the 7 days aren't massively more. If this place is, I'd stick to what I've got.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
I’d offer you a round when you’re down for the Open, but green fees that week are listed at CRAZY prices!

Will sort summin.
We’re booked in for the men’s open end of May. Having a practice round and night in the lodges.

Loved it last year. Himalayas is brilliant (first is a bad golf hole though).

Was very impressed, in fact most of our group proffered it to RCP!

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
My mate who gets me on RSG says he wouldnt wanna be a member there. Far too many groups you have to be part of...

I really like RCP but, as you say, Princes will make sure that members will get a full round in by rotating the 3 x 9's. I was thinking about doing the Seniors Open, just need to check that I'm old enough

Diamond

Visit site
1350 for 5 days is a little steep but if you are only going to play 5 days and work shifts it could be perfect.
What do you currently pay?

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
1350 for 5 days is a little steep but if you are only going to play 5 days and work shifts it could be perfect.
What do you currently pay?

Nothing ??

Cancelled last year. Had corporate 5 day at approx 700 but they've scrapped scheme. Was 950 this year with strong rumours no 5 days from 2021.

Have had 2 years of new owners and promises and the course is still no good. Builders sand in half the bunkers, 3 greens battered all year round by tree roots and no plan to resolve it.

So as much as I'm paying more. I'm happier to do so.

Diamond

Visit site
Quality 3 x 9 holes, once hosted the Open, probably about the right price for this part of the world
Yep. I paid £34 at Dunham and I think Delamere is pricey. Having began my golf career in September I have played 11 courses. Number 12 is tomorrow at Flixton 9 holes for a tenner.
Hopefully by joining a society I will be able to play more this year.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Yep. I paid £34 at Dunham and I think Delamere is pricey. Having began my golf career in September I have played 11 courses. Number 12 is tomorrow at Flixton 9 holes for a tenner.
Hopefully by joining a society I will be able to play more this year.

My Club in Kent is £1250 for 7 days and isn't Princes. Golf in the South East is pricey as is almost everything

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
Finally had confirmation that there’s a space for me. Only 5 day membership atm, but they expect a 7 day spot be available around March. Quote]
Looking forward to testing myself on a proper course all year round. Just need to go get some decent wet weather gear.

Finally had confirmation that there’s a space for me. Only 5 day membership atm, but they expect a 7 day spot be available around March.
Looking forward to testing myself on a proper course all year round. Just need to go get some decent wet weather gear.

Oh yeah, it’s here.

Www.princesgolfclub.co.uk

Princes!!!

Closest thing we have to that around here is Shinnecock Hills a couple hundred miles away on Long Island.

They'd call the police if I tried to step foot on it. And the police would probably shoot.

Now that's what you guys call "posh," isn't it?
Well done, old boy. Very well done.