13 weeks in - My first eagle. Had to share!

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I forgot to say I’m quite a catch myself lol. But no, if the misses joined another club I don’t think we would be together much longer.

What a scary thought indeed
So...on Wednesday, I am going to say to my wife, "Cheerio, I am off to play a round. See you in about five hours."

Bamberdele21

Visit site
I think those last few posts have opened to door for the "450 yards is a par 4" comment ???
Sounds like you are hooked, must have been a great feeling. It's the beauty of the game that we can briefly feel like the pros. Enjoy.
I wasn't a new player like yourself but rejoined a club after a lengthy break, and after handing over the money went out for 9 holes (off yellow tees). Bizarrely on 5th & 6th I went eagle, birdie and posted on here that I'd never repeat it (years later I haven't ?). Received plenty of forum abuse - they ignored the doubles and triples that surrounded those two dream holes!

Yeah no one cares about the awful scores on the other holes. And to be fair I don’t think many of us there will remember matey going round the course 3 over. But what is a dead cert to live long in the memory is my eagle. No one can ever take it away and i don’t care how good you are. That eagle felt like the equivalent of a 147 in snooker (bad example I know but you get the gist ?)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Incredibly fast progress. I recently got my first eagle as well, although it took me many years longer than you. I didn't bother keeping the ball though, didn't even occur to me really. The ball didn't do it, I did! :LOL: Would potentially keep a hole in one ball though... I'll probably never find out.

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I haven’t had an eagle since I joined my current course, 10 years ago.

Previous one I had loads thanks to a few drivable par 4’s and holing approaches I had eagled at least 5 separate holes.

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Incredibly fast progress. I recently got my first eagle as well, although it took me many years longer than you. I didn't bother keeping the ball though, didn't even occur to me really. The ball didn't do it, I did! :LOL: Would potentially keep a hole in one ball though... I'll probably never find out.
Same as you, I've had 2 eagles and didn't keep either - didn't even really cross my mind tbh.
I agree about the hole in one ball - I would likely keep that but I haven't bothered ordering a plinth for it yet, as it is unlikely to happen :LOL:

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
Congratulations! I've still never eagled a par 5, had a few on driveable par 4's, but I seem incapable of eagling a par 5 - I even hit every par 5 in two during one round, par or birdie on all of them!

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
So my first thread here was detailing the major progress I have achieved since taking up golf on March 29th this year which I’ve invested so much time and effort in a bid to get half decent.

The only course we could get on this morning with such short notice was a short course in Warwickshire called the Ardencote.

The only par 5 on the course - hole 4 - 450 yards I have hit my drive 290 leaving roughly a 160 yard shot on the green which I’ve struck with an 8 iron (I’ve got all my distances calculated using a V1 gps golf app). The putt that sank it was around 30 ft from the pin and took a huge break to drop in. I have absolutely lost my *** as you can imagine. I immediately put my ball away safe which I’m now getting framed. A seriously massive milestone where I’m glad I had witnesses there to see, one of them being my football manager which I’m sure will carry some shelf life whenever we have beers in the future.

I shot my best score to date on this round of 81.

This has come two weeks after my lowest point in golf. I dislocated my finger the day before my round at the Brabazon. Me playing this course was the one of the major reasons I took up golf to try and not look a fool when I played here. Sod’s law. I played the round anyway with a cast on my finger and shot my worst score to date. It really was a painful experience from a scoring point of view but I enjoyed myself none the less with a good bunch and a lot of banter.

So yeah I thought I’d just like to share this with anyone that could be bothered to read it because the misses is bored to death hearing about this eagle so here I am, trying to explain to someone reading just how good a feeling it’s been. Literally been on a high all day because of it.

Still very much learning the rules and how to play certain shots but I’m so hooked it’s not even funny.

Thanks for reading

Creasing at this sentance :ROFLMAO:

Well played mate! Nothing like an Eagle... did you do the Eagle dance?

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Dont worry your learn? I gave up when I told my misses I nearly had a hole in one she said “ well it might just as well been 10 feet away”

Next time you get home from golf talk to the door you’ll get a better response ?

I've had 3 hole in ones. 2 of which the wife was walking round with me and witnessed.

The first we didn't see the ball go in. In fact I hit a horrible shot.

The 3rd, and second one she witnessed was on Sunday. One bounce and in. She just about cracked a smile.

They don't care. Just as you don't care about all the problems her friends have.

D

Deleted member 21258

Nice one, hopefully many more to come, great for buzz.