American golf double value trade in

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Gosforth or Metro Centre?

I took a driver into the MC store over Xmas and was offered about a third less than the guide price because "it has quite a few marks on it". I went back in a week later, different assistant, and got offered the full guide price.

the first guy had a right attitude problem, the second guy was sound.

Is that based on you getting what you wanted?

Seem's to be throughout this thread (myself included), that each time we don' get what we want the staff member is a pleb, yet when we get a good deal they're a hero.

I agree in regards to an earlier point that they shouldn't reduce an offer just because a club is old. But i'm sure that all the clubs have different levels of wear and tear and that some people have gotten top value for bashed up clubs.

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've only ever met 1 local assistant with an attitude
Young lad , Sunderland branch
Shocking customer service , spoke "chav talk" like he was still on the street corner in his shell suit with his boys in the hood

Green Man

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Gosforth or Metro Centre?

I took a driver into the MC store over Xmas and was offered about a third less than the guide price because "it has quite a few marks on it". I went back in a week later, different assistant, and got offered the full guide price.

the first guy had a right attitude problem, the second guy was sound.

I bought some Mizuno irons on Ebay to trade in and I didn't realise one of the irons had a large chip on the sole. I took them to the Middlesborough AG expecting them to tell me they couldn't take them in but no.

£187 trade in. If you were to look at these clubs no way would you pay anywhere near to £187 with the condition of the 9 iron.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Is that based on you getting what you wanted?

Seem's to be throughout this thread (myself included), that each time we don' get what we want the staff member is a pleb, yet when we get a good deal they're a hero.

I agree in regards to an earlier point that they shouldn't reduce an offer just because a club is old. But i'm sure that all the clubs have different levels of wear and tear and that some people have gotten top value for bashed up clubs.

no, that wasn't the case. the first guy was a right smug condescending git with a "couldn't be bothered" attitude, the second guy was very helpful. I'll bet the second guy's sales figures are much better than the first one.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
no, that wasn't the case. the first guy was a right smug condescending git with a "couldn't be bothered" attitude, the second guy was very helpful. I'll bet the second guy's sales figures are much better than the first one.

If the smug condescending git had offered top value. Would you have left due to his attitude?

If so then fair play, but i'd imagine we are all more tolerant to peoples attitudes if we are benefiting from them.....

D

Deleted member 18588

AG turnover for the last quarter up £200k. Not much considering the loss they will have to take on the second hand gear.

If that figure is accurate then it equates to an average increase per store of £200 for a quarter or, put another way, £150 per week!

As I say if this is the effect of a costly promotion the Private Equity firm that owns them will not be "Happy Bunnies".

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
If that figure is accurate then it equates to an average increase per store of £200 for a quarter or, put another way, £150 per week!

As I say if this is the effect of a costly promotion the Private Equity firm that owns them will not be "Happy Bunnies".

Surley that depends on their strategy and the results of their rivals?

i always felt their aim was to take out the competition and run it almost as a loss leader.

If rivals start to struggle and dissappear then they could eventually monopolise the market and then increase prices. It's a risky long term strategy. But, could possibly be their intention. If of course the offer was simply to increase revenue then it appears to have failed.

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site

Figures don't sound right
I was adding more than that by myself (150 p/w ) at my local stores......:whistle:

mozza25

Medal Winner
Visit site
Their intention was to make money but it hasn't worked. Hence the MD has gone Staff are marking down second hand clubs to sell. Area managers have also been removed

D

Deleted member 16999

Their intention was to make money but it hasn't worked. Hence the MD has gone Staff are marking down second hand clubs to sell. Area managers have also been removed
I may be way off the mark, but are you someone who wants to see AG fail or have an axe to grind? You only post on this thread and it's always negative or posting what could be seen as inside information.
Very strange.

mozza25

Medal Winner
Visit site
I have a friend that works there, hence the information. They had a meeting to announce the sales figures but when asked on profit they wouldn't disclose.

D

Deleted member 16999

I have a friend that works there, hence the information. They had a meeting to announce the sales figures but when asked on profit they wouldn't disclose.

So is it fair you posting this private info from meetings on an internet forum, are you betraying your mates trust or is he betraying theirs?

mozza25

Medal Winner
Visit site
Never said it was confidential and I'm sure their financial records can looked at end of year. He's a manager. The point is they have messed up with the second hand gear and need to get shot to get some cash flow. They have opened a second hand store