Golfbidder on ebay

hughwp

Visit site
loads of decent 7 woods on FBMP most are a less than 5yrs old and about 50-100
Ebays is full of chancers trying their luck
Here is a nice Ping G 7 wood with cover for £75 it was first I came to tons of others

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Saw that, Must of had money to burn for paying 7x the Pga value for a 10yr old club. I aim to buy clubs at around 1-2x PGA value max

I got a as new LH Rogue st max reg 7 wood off Callaway pre-used site for less than £150 delivered a month or two back.
What the hell is PGA value and relevance does it have to market value for second hand clubs? You have to pay what other people are willing to pay or you end up with nothing.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Part of the price inflation is probably a result of the stagnation in club performance. With 10 or 20 year old clubs now performing identically to the latest release, people have realised there is no need to pay for new. Buying used carries no performance penalty. But saves cash.

That wouldnt have been the case from approx 1990 to 2005 when club development was giving performance improvements, so buying new or new ish every few years was justified. But there being no performance to buy now, new is only of interest if you want a different colour club, or newness snobbery in the locker room.

stevieb15

Hacker
Visit site
I've recently sold on Ebay most of the families old ‘modern’ clubs…mens, womens, left and right hand…everything went for what I wanted, which was all reasonable because I needed to move it but I was amazed at how much over ‘target’ the two sets of clubs went for.
I'm going to be listing a few more bits and pieces including tour bags before Christmas.

hughwp

Visit site
What the hell is PGA value and relevance does it have to market value for second hand clubs? You have to pay what other people are willing to pay or you end up with nothing.
PGA Guide is what most pro shops, resellers etc base their trade in, offer, and resale prices on. It is in part based on ebay sales

As I showed the price bubble on 7 iwoods seems to be confined to ebay and their are plenty on facebook etc at a half the ebay prices or less, but why would you shop on ebay when the same clubs are half the price elsewhere?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
PGA Guide is what most pro shops, resellers etc base their trade in, offer, and resale prices on. It is in part based on ebay sales

As I showed the price bubble on 7 iwoods seems to be confined to ebay and their are plenty on facebook etc at a half the ebay prices or less, but why would you shop on ebay when the same clubs are half the price elsewhere?
So that's why you get bugger all when you trade in? Always get a better price selling on Ebay, it just depends if you can be bothered or not since trading is quicker and easier usually.

Sorry, where are 7 woods half the price of Ebay? Of course you can get lower prices on Facebook market, that's true of all things, but the trade-off is that you have to wade through the feckless timewasters and conmen on Facebook. If I buy a club through Golfbidder it costs a little more, but I know they're not going to mug me off and I also know I can return it for a full refund if need be.

hughwp

Visit site
So that's why you get bugger all when you trade in? Always get a better price selling on Ebay, it just depends if you can be bothered or not since trading is quicker and easier usually.

Sorry, where are 7 woods half the price of Ebay? Of course you can get lower prices on Facebook market, that's true of all things, but the trade-off is that you have to wade through the feckless timewasters and conmen on Facebook. If I buy a club through Golfbidder it costs a little more, but I know they're not going to mug me off and I also know I can return it for a full refund if need be.
There's a TM M6 7 wood on FB for £70 in St Albans not far from you to pick up?