American golf double value trade in

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Went into my local AG, was met by a really rude cocky guy who it later turned out to be the Manager. I was offered £66 below the PGA.com valuation, for my Irons purely because they were LH. Couldn't find anywhere on their T&C which stated that they would offer less than the PGA.com valuation if they were LH. Any other Lefties out there that have had the same issue?

No issue with my left handed driver they took, even with the dent in the head!

TomTom

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Went into my local AG, was met by a really rude cocky guy who it later turned out to be the Manager. I was offered £66 below the PGA.com valuation, for my Irons purely because they were LH. Couldn't find anywhere on their T&C which stated that they would offer less than the PGA.com valuation if they were LH. Any other Lefties out there that have had the same issue?

Left hand clubs are worth bog all!

Jay65

Visit site
Virtually new secondhand left handed clubs are so cheap ive actually considered becoming a leftie :D.

I have had some feedback from AG now, and without going into too much detail at this stage, because the situation isn't yet fully resolved, but the initial reaction that I've had back from AG is that because the valuations are taken from PGA.com, and there is no distinction made in valuations on that site between LH and RH clubs, that neither should AG be making distinctions either, and that the Manager of the branch I went into acted incorrectly and inappropriately.

To AG's credit, they appear to be making good this situation for me.

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I have had some feedback from AG now, and without going into too much detail at this stage, because the situation isn't yet fully resolved, but the initial reaction that I've had back from AG is that because the valuations are taken from PGA.com, and there is no distinction made in valuations on that site between LH and RH clubs, that neither should AG be making distinctions either, and that the Manager of the branch I went into acted incorrectly and inappropriately.

To AG's credit, they appear to be making good this situation for me.

Try another local store,that seems to work :D.

Jay65

Visit site
Try another local store,that seems to work :D.

I did consider that in the first place, but after I contacted AG about the matter, they appeared to be more than happy to take the case up for me to put it right. In addition to that, the nearest other store is 40 miles away from me. So an 80 mile round trip for something that could possibly happen again wasn't really in my wheel house.

Fortunately, as I said, AG are onto this now, and have admitted that it was dealt with inappropriately, so hopefully it is on the brink of coming to a positive conclusion, just waiting to hear back from them today with info as to how this proceeds.

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
So they should too
It's not like they sell brand new left handed gear at heavily discounted prices

You would have thought the secondhand left handed gear would be a good seller for them,I rarely see it at my local AG and this has been mentioned by lefty players I know.

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
You would have thought the secondhand left handed gear would be a good seller for them,I rarely see it at my local AG and this has been mentioned by lefty players I know.

Exactly....
I know a Leftie that struggles to find decent gear

There's also a few that come to my mates shop, he can stand quite firm on the prices too, as good quality used left hand gear is scarce
Never has to resort to selling below the price of right handed equivalent model

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I have to stop looking at epic's

I was talking to a local pro the other day who got an Epic in for a customer after a demo only for the customer to phone up and say he took the AG deal instead with a set of clubs knocking about in his garage traded in for £280,I asked the pro what his trade in price was and he said he wasnt interested in a trade in,the pro wasnt happy about it cos he had to send the club back but you cant blame customers for going elsewhere with trade ins like this.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was talking to a local pro the other day who got an Epic in for a customer after a demo only for the customer to phone up and say he took the AG deal instead with a set of clubs knocking about in his garage traded in for £280,I asked the pro what his trade in price was and he said he wasnt interested in a trade in,the pro wasnt happy about it cos he had to send the club back but you cant blame customers for going elsewhere with trade ins like this.

this for me is the whole reason they started this deal.. squeeze the market

cant blame customers at all.. I was going direct golf for mine even tested them at my range and LOVED them until I heard of this offer.. would be mad to throw away £125 extra

mozza25

Medal Winner
Visit site
Is it £125 extra. the pro could use Golfbidder who sometimes offer more than AG especially on Ping. He can also discount where AG won't. My brother got £20 more for his G25 driver and bought an Epic for £399, saved £50 over AG

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Is it £125 extra. the pro could use Golfbidder who sometimes offer more than AG especially on Ping. He can also discount where AG won't. My brother got £20 more for his G25 driver and bought an Epic for £399, saved £50 over AG

So a pro gave your brother what equates to £127 (double value £77 + your £50 saving) px against an epic :confused: wheres the pro's profit margin in that?.