American golf double value trade in

D

Deleted member 18588

Surley that depends on their strategy and the results of their rivals?

i always felt their aim was to take out the competition and run it almost as a loss leader.

If rivals start to struggle and dissappear then they could eventually monopolise the market and then increase prices. It's a risky long term strategy. But, could possibly be their intention. If of course the offer was simply to increase revenue then it appears to have failed.

On those figures they are not going to be killing off any of their opposition.

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Was in my local AG today and the fella in there said that because theres a new boss at AG they are not sure how much longer this promo will last and the offer they give you on your trade in's will be valid for 30 days because the promo could stop at anytime.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
He's already turned Direct Golf into a pile of rubbish.

Has he? my local direct golf is back to the standard it was previously. Same staff.. sells the same stuff however just with a few cheap things thrown in (which you dont have to buy)

I find the store is only as good as the people working at it though

elmoag

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi all
Given the amount of questions I receive on double value trade in via private message I thought there would be the appetite to confirm a few points.
. You can avail of our price match policy and double trade in

.ag double value trade in is available in all our stores (not online)

. we have opened a pre owned outlet store in Middlesbrough to compliment our brand new store at Ingleby barwick which is one of 7 stores we have opened in last 5 months with another 5 coming very soon

Those are some of the common questions I receive

Please don't hesitate to message me if I can help in any way (I do reply as soon as I can)
As always I'm reluctant to hijack this thread or debate
So hope this is appropriate.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Has he? my local direct golf is back to the standard it was previously. Same staff.. sells the same stuff however just with a few cheap things thrown in (which you dont have to buy)

I find the store is only as good as the people working at it though

Was referring to the online side of things. Found the website to be sub standard at best.
The only DG by me closed when their troubles first began.

TomTom

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Hi all
Given the amount of questions I receive on double value trade in via private message I thought there would be the appetite to confirm a few points.
. You can avail of our price match policy and double trade in

.ag double value trade in is available in all our stores (not online)

. we have opened a pre owned outlet store in Middlesbrough to compliment our brand new store at Ingleby barwick which is one of 7 stores we have opened in last 5 months with another 5 coming very soon

Those are some of the common questions I receive

Please don't hesitate to message me if I can help in any way (I do reply as soon as I can)
As always I'm reluctant to hijack this thread or debate
So hope this is appropriate.

What questions?

Lydo

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Anyone know much I'd get for a set of ping g15 4-sw graphite shaft. Grips could probably do with changing tbh. Cheers in advance.

Weighing up my options to whether I should cash in the irons now to take advantage of this deal or not.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Anyone know much I'd get for a set of ping g15 4-sw graphite shaft. Grips could probably do with changing tbh. Cheers in advance.

Weighing up my options to whether I should cash in the irons now to take advantage of this deal or not.

Just over £180 I reckon...As they seem to be getting a bit picky that might drop if the grips need doing..

stevench

Club Champion
Visit site
It seems my local has now stopped price matching if you also want to do a double trade in, they said it was one or the other. Two months ago they had no problem doing it for me.

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
It seems my local has now stopped price matching if you also want to do a double trade in, they said it was one or the other. Two months ago they had no problem doing it for me.

Yes, same issue at metrocentre Gateshead branch here in the north east
No previous issues getting this until start of this month

Did say they would price match at single value though :rolleyes:

For a company this size, I find it ridiculous, after reading this thread, how the deal is rolled out from area to area.
So many different versions of how people, just on here, have been dealt with

Last edited:

gmhubble

Head Pro
Visit site
It would appear that half their regional management team have been let go - I am guessing those that remain are trying to make their stores as profitable as possible for job protection? My store is still as helpful as always so it seems to be region specific?

Stupid that different stores invoke different rules

Jay65

Visit site
Went into my local AG, was met by a really rude cocky guy who it later turned out to be the Manager. I was offered £66 below the PGA.com valuation, for my Irons purely because they were LH. Couldn't find anywhere on their T&C which stated that they would offer less than the PGA.com valuation if they were LH. Any other Lefties out there that have had the same issue?