Abandoned!!

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Hopefully a quick one...

Is there a percentage of the field that have to have finished for an abandoned comp to effectively be RO as opposed to all scores void? I have read 50% but can't find anything official?

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
There is no %age.

18.7 If a Qualifying Competition is abandoned for any valid reason, the Competition Scratch
Score shall be regarded as equal to the Standard Scratch Score and players returning
Nett Differentials of less than zero shall have their Exact Handicaps reduced to the extent
dictated by the Nett Differential. A Nett Differential of zero or above shall not result in a
handicap increase.

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
There is no %age.

18.7 If a Qualifying Competition is abandoned for any valid reason, the Competition Scratch
Score shall be regarded as equal to the Standard Scratch Score and players returning
Nett Differentials of less than zero shall have their Exact Handicaps reduced to the extent
dictated by the Nett Differential. A Nett Differential of zero or above shall not result in a
handicap increase.

Thanks, I had seen the rule but also some people saying 50% but wasn't sure if that was just made up.

We had a board comp yesterday that was abandoned because of flooded greens. It won't affect me, and it won't help the fella who was 4 under gross through 10 :eek: but there were some good scores already in.