a Baldrick update.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
took him to the vets today and saw the original vet that diagnosed the cancer and said he would be dead in 2 months last February.

she was slightly embarrassed and said they must have got it all when they removed his spleen..

only trouble is he's now slightly overweight as he's been getting treats all the time as we thought he was going to die at any time.

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
took him to the vets today and saw the original vet that diagnosed the cancer and said he would be dead in 2 months last February.

she was slightly embarrassed and said they must have got it all when they removed his spleen..

only trouble is he's now slightly overweight as he's been getting treats all the time as we thought he was going to die at any time.

Remember discussing this time last year over in Ayrshire, the 2 months was nearly up :eek: Bet he's been having a ball with all the fussing.

Will bring a toy for this years ball top-up, looks like treats off the menu! :cheers:

D

Deleted member 16999

Good lad Baldrick, keep spoiling him, it obviously works :rofl:

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Cheered me up that.

I'm just staring at my buster the springer. He's been in real pain today with his hip dysplasia. Snoring his head of now though.

God I bloody love dogs. Glad he's doing well.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
What great news. I almost daren't open the thread in case it wasn't so positive - so pleased for you. Our two really are my world and it's a brighter world for them being in it - love them to bits!

Ross61

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
not allowed at the moment. stood on a bit of broken bottle and cut one of his rear foot pads in half so has stitches. not too much running around for the next week or so and having to wear a boot.

Glad to hear he is still going strong.

They stitched his pad then. One of mine did the same to a front paw and they got a staple gun out and stapled it together.... she was not impressed!

that was minor to what happened just before Xmas. She stopped eating so we took her to the vets, very high temperature so they tried antibiotics but no change.
They opened her up and told us she had a large tumour and did a biopsy to confirm. All the vets had had a look as she was only 3 years old. All the vets reckoned it was cancer. They stitched her back up and sent her home, saying to just make a fuss of her as she was so poorly. 2 weeks later she was almost back to normal and when the biopsy results came back they showed up negative. Huge relief!

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
They stitched his pad then. One of mine did the same to a front paw and they got a staple gun out and stapled it together.... she was not impressed!

Reminds me of a funny story about my Buster.

Back in at the vets for about the 5th time in a number of months due to his hips. Hes not a fan of the vets and has been under the needle a few times whilst the scan / x ray and inspect him for this and that.

Anyway hes a crafty little bugger is my Buster and on this occasion he has spotted the vet approaching him with the syringe. So instead of manning up and taking the jab like a man, he snatched the syringe from the vets between his teeth hand and proceeded to jump of the table (not a good move with sore hips :D) and then run around the theatre and the vet tried to catch him :rofl:

Vet was telling us afterwards it took a good few minutes to corner him and retrieve the anaesthetic :eek: also told us that he'd seen nothing like it in years of being a Vet. Good job he never stabbed anyone

I must admit, when we picked him up post surgery, HID was apologising profusely to the vet i was nodding in agreement with her

Inside though i was as proud as any dad could be ha ha. The crafty little bugger :D

butter wouldn't melt
buster.jpg

Attachments

• buster.jpg
    buster.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 6

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Glad to hear he is still going strong.

that was minor to what happened just before Xmas. She stopped eating so we took her to the vets, very high temperature so they tried antibiotics but no change.
They opened her up and told us she had a large tumour and did a biopsy to confirm. All the vets had had a look as she was only 3 years old. All the vets reckoned it was cancer. They stitched her back up and sent her home, saying to just make a fuss of her as she was so poorly. 2 weeks later she was almost back to normal and when the biopsy results came back they showed up negative. Huge relief!

The Tumor he had exploded in his spleen, the test of the tissue was cancerous and we were told it would have already spread around the body to other organs. He would only have week 2 months tops.

That was 14 months ago.