A 9 on my card!

Hendo007

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Played an open a couple of weeks ago and get to the 10th hole 4 over par.

1) Topped tee shot into the waist high rough in front of the tee.
2) Played a provisional - done the same
3) Played a second provisional and managed to send it in generally the right direction for 5 off the tee.....

went into the waist high rough and found both balls within about 30 seconds.... Watch won...

Back to the tee, had argument with FC who said i couldn't tee it up decided after heated discussion just to take the drop back in line with the flag to save further argument..... Watch won I thought anyway as was now back playing my 3rd....

4) Sent it in the right direction but missed fairway
5) knobbed it out the semi and across the fairway into worse semi !!
6) topped an iron 30 yards but still in the semi
7) shanked a wedge across the fairway and into semi on the other side
8) tried to lob it over a bunker and bladed it over the green and back in semi
9) managed to get onto the green finally.
10) Putt missed
11) Putt missed
12) Putt finally goes in and hole is over..... as is the round.....

A nice 12 on a par 5.....

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
a 12 on a par 3!

6th hole off the blue on a windy day, 198 yards.

tried to hit a low one, straight in the face of the deepest bunker on the course, plugged. took 9 to get out. kept rolling back down the revetting and plugging again.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Sadly, I've been playing some steady competition golf all season for 15-16 holes and then chucking a triple or quadruple bogey in from nowhere. It's never the same hole, never the same root cause (tee shot, bunker, approach etc) and so frustrating as it kills any chance of a cut or buffer zone. No idea what causes it and if I can stop doing it, the other 15=16 holes are seeing me getting into some good positions. Stupid game

D

Deleted member 18121

On a trip to the belfry 2-3 years ago one of our group went into a greenside bunker and took 11 swipes to get the ball out. I cant remember his score on that hole....it was difficult to see anything through the tears! :whoo::thup:

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
I usually pick up before then (thank you stabelford!)

Got to 9 during a stroke comp on the par 4 5th at my place. Had already got off to a bad start and was 4 over at that stage playing off 15.

Three of the tee after slicing my first drive into no mans land.

4th from the fairway went right into a wooded area. Played a provisional but found the other ball. Force to chip out sideways and in trying to push a little extra hit off a tree meaning my 5th turned into my 6th before I found the short stuff again.

7th through the green.

8th left the ball sitting where it was after nicely cutting the grass below it.

9th I did the opposite and flew the ball back to the front of the green leaving a monster putt. Best case was a 10 but highly realistic chance of a 12.

FC asked if I wanted the flag tended. I replied no it's ok. Picked up my ball and threw it into the trees.

5 holes and had used 1/3 of my shots on 1 hole with 13 left to play. No chance of recovery so I decided to let Clause 19 do it's thing and spare myself and FC's the misery. Par 5 next where I picked up after 7 :whistle:

Needless to say I got 0.1 back.

Last edited:

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Sadly, I've been playing some steady competition golf all season for 15-16 holes and then chucking a triple or quadruple bogey in from nowhere. It's never the same hole, never the same root cause (tee shot, bunker, approach etc) and so frustrating as it kills any chance of a cut or buffer zone. No idea what causes it and if I can stop doing it, the other 15=16 holes are seeing me getting into some good positions. Stupid game

A slightly different approach

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played well today, under handicap after nine then go quadruple, quadruple, double on 11, 12, 13.

Then finish the last 5 holes, which are ridiculously hard, 3 under handicap.

The tourettes is only just starting to subside now. Feel like I'm doomed to remain rubbish at golf!