2020 Professional Golf Thread

Wolf

Visit site
Tony Finau literally can't buy a win can he no matter how well he plays. Fair play to Simpson though when he gets a chance he's not shy at taking it.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
This year is going to be an interesting year on the golf front. In my opinion there are numerous players who can compete and have a very realistic shout for the four Major's.

Rory will take over from Brooks next week as world number one. Again I can see this changing hands frequently this year with Brooks, DJ, and Thomas along with a certain Tiger (if he stays clear of injuries) battling with Rory and possibly a couple of others.

There are a few exciting players to keep an eye on then you have the "rear guard" such as Westwood and GMAC rolling back the years to get back in the winners circle.

And finally you have the question - what the hell had happened to Spieth????

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
This year is going to be an interesting year on the golf front. In my opinion there are numerous players who can compete and have a very realistic shout for the four Major's.

Rory will take over from Brooks next week as world number one. Again I can see this changing hands frequently this year with Brooks, DJ, and Thomas along with a certain Tiger (if he stays clear of injuries) battling with Rory and possibly a couple of others.

There are a few exciting players to keep an eye on then you have the "rear guard" such as Westwood and GMAC rolling back the years to get back in the winners circle.

Rahm is the forgotten man in this. At some point this year, he will also be number 1.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Rahm is the forgotten man in this. At some point this year, he will also be number 1.

That's why I said a couple of others. I agree he has a great game but I do think he's slightly behind Rory and Justin Thomas who I think will spend more time at number one than the others.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
That could be a deep scar for Finau last night.

Had birdie putts on literally every hole on the back 9 including the play-off, but only made 2 putts of note and missed a load of 10 to 12 footers.

Difficult to fault him pulling 3 wood on 17. At the time he had a 2 shot lead and probably had the distance to get front edge, but I guess he caught it a bit high on the face.

Obviously have to credit Webb for hanging in there and putting the pressure on, with 3 birdies in a row.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site

Not that long ago he couldn't miss a putt from within 10ft...now...just lost his mojo - has he got married or something...he's certainly 'distracted' by something - or maybe it's just golf...

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Not that long ago he couldn't miss a putt from within 10ft...now...just lost his mojo - has he got married or something...he's certainly 'distracted' by something - or maybe it's just golf...
Not his putting (one of the best on tour last year), just can't hit the ball where he wants any more

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Taylor looking comfortable, well up until that drive

Here's a random one. I've never had a caddy, but when the guys hit the green with an approach a putter is thrust into their hands. I think I'd be tempted to walk, wait for fellow competitors and maybe look at the potential putting line before actually needing a putter in my hand.
Maybe it's just the done thing to walk holding a club.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Here's a random one. I've never had a caddy, but when the guys hit the green with an approach a putter is thrust into their hands. I think I'd be tempted to walk, wait for fellow competitors and maybe look at the potential putting line before actually needing a putter in my hand.
I think it's just a natural thing they do as they hand over their previous weapon.

As for the matter in hand, there's a bit of gentle coughing going on in the last group... shame the pack are perhaps a little far back

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Have you never heard the phrase?

Happiness is a long walk with a putter :)

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Did Phil just say a rude word??
What a horrid shot though. Must be feeling a tad aggrieved that hitting a punter has given taylor a nailed on par.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Tigger in the prime time marquee group and starts with an eagle. Commentators have only mentioned it 47 times already - going to be interesting ?