2019 US PGA

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Follows that with a 209 yard uphill 6 iron! Different game. I'm chuffed with a vaguely straight 19º hybrid at 210!

Uphill but wind behind probably neutralised that and was 210 pin but he didn't fly it anywhere near all the way, barely carried the bunker. Still a big hit, probably a 190 carry but not that crazy. Another bird though and takes him to double figures. Good luck to anyone trying to catch him!

D

Deleted member 1147

Is anyone else starting to think Brooks would win every weekend if he could be bothered?

Largely because, and Claude Harmon never mentions him when talking about how he coaches Brooks, he uses Pete Cowan as a short game coach. Plus some mental coaching.

D

Deleted member 15344

Is anyone else starting to think Brooks would win every weekend if he could be bothered?

Lots of variables - all depends on how the rest of the field are playing as well , plenty of players who at their A game could also win every week But right now Koepka is on a hot streak of major form - we have seen a lot of players do it over the years but only one has sustained it over a significant period

I don’t think this Comp is as done as suggested - he is playing well but also ridding his luck a number of times , it’s golf and it doesn’t take much for that to flip

D

Deleted member 1147

Think we’ve now got to stop saying that if Rory brings his A game he wins.
A few others on tour now have a A game as good as Rory’s.
I disagree!
I think his A game is better than virtually everyone else. But his B game is worse than most other elite players D games.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I disagree!
I think his A game is better than virtually everyone else. But his B game is worse than most other elite players D games.
So when Rory as won with his A game did he break course records?
Did he win by bigger margins than previous winners on the same course?

What makes him better than DJ if they are both on it?

D

Deleted member 1147

So when Rory as won with his A game did he break course records?
Did he win by bigger margins than previous winners on the same course?

What makes him better than DJ if they are both on it?
He’s won 2 majors by 8 shots, which, unless you’re trying to state otherwise, is pretty damned good!

Pin-seeker

Visit site
He’s won 2 majors by 8 shots, which, unless you’re trying to state otherwise, is pretty damned good!
I was asking a question,which you have answered 👍🏻

Tiger as won by bigger margins in majors,so by your reckoning he beats Rory with his A game?

Wolf

Visit site
I was asking a question,which you have answered 👍🏻

Tiger as won by bigger margins in majors,so by your reckoning he beats Rory with his A game?
I think the thing about Rory and his A game is that 5-7 years ago it was way ahead. Now his A game gets him in contention but has to go by someone like Koepka who is imo all around a better player especially mentally.

But then I like Koepka and not Rory so maybe I'm as biased as all the Rory fans are.

Side note though so good to see Spieth up there after 2 rounds, love to see him finish strong and begin contending again in the big events.