2019 US PGA

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Sky sports on YouTube had free live coverage of Tigers group earlier. Anyone know if they’re doing similar tonight or tomorrow?

D

Deleted member 15344

Sounds like the brain dead have arrived at the course - Christ listen to them shouting inane rubbish

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I could never understand the BBC vs Sky coverage arguments. Unless the event is in the UK, you take the feed you're given and commentate over it. At the moment the Sky coverage is dreadful (just a as bad as when the BBC covered it at short notice a year or two ago). It has less atmosphere than an over-80's dominoes tournament.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I could never understand the BBC vs Sky coverage arguments. Unless the event is in the UK, you take the feed you're given and commentate over it. At the moment the Sky coverage is dreadful (just a as bad as when the BBC covered it at short notice a year or two ago). It has less atmosphere than an over-80's dominoes tournament.

It is in HD though.

I just think the golf course is boring.

D

Deleted member 15344

God it’s dull dull - is this really a major ?! Just seems your regular tour event with stupid rough , courses looks dull with no real character that you can see and looks like there is no atmosphere beyond the drunken idiots. Can’t remember a worse first days major golf

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Scrap the pga , make the players the 4th major.. call it the pga if that suits but keep at one course

Move the opens around the place all time

Would be so much better

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
40 players at par or better so perhaps Bethpage wasn't quite as fearsome as predicted. Unreal round by Koepka and good start by Fleetwood. I disagree and enjoyed watching them have to plot their way round and really work hard for a par if they lost position. Far more interesting than seeing them all bomb drives with abandon as there is no rough to talk of to worry about and then hit wedges inside 10 feet. It becomes a putting competiton and far more boring to watch than this where they are always on a knife edge

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
I tried to watch the feautred group coverage via the PGA website. It was the most boring and frustratng thing I ever watched. You are forced to watch a commercial before the stream starts (which is okay), be then thrown right into one of the many commercial breaks (meaning 3 minutes of more commercials usually), when you then get a glimpse of the actual footage, the players are usually waiting around before they can hit their shot. Just as you are actually about to see a real golf shot, the stream breaks down and needs to reload, throwing you right back into the vicious comemrcial watcing cycle ... and then, the first time Koepka actually did hit a shot while my stream was actually working, the camera missed it and kept on Molinari who was still planning his next shot. The commentator said "We will show you Koepka's shot later" ... then the stream broke down again ... I gave up after that and watched the semi-final of the Eurovision song contest instead:rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 15344

Scrap the pga , make the players the 4th major.. call it the pga if that suits but keep at one course

Move the opens around the place all time

Would be so much better

Why the players ? Why not an event in Europe or Asia or Australia? Why on another parkland course which bar a couple of holes is pretty dull.

The PGA is fine had some cracking events and some great courses - this Comp so far is dull down to the coverage from the US

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Why the players ? Why not an event in Europe or Asia or Australia? Why on another parkland course which bar a couple of holes is pretty dull.

The PGA is fine had some cracking events and some great courses - this Comp so far is dull down to the coverage from the US
You ain't going to change the coverage so why mention it on every major thread. That is the way they present their golf and if that means the course comes over as dull and uninteresting there's nothing that can be done. I actually thought Bethpage played quite fair yesterday. Yes, the drunken idiots are annoying but you are getting that at most majors, RC etc so again, nothing will change in the coverage and they'll still be heard. I don't really see how you can simply have a competition in Europe or Asia and deem it a major. Does golf really need another major anyway?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I tried to watch the feautred group coverage via the PGA website. It was the most boring and frustratng thing I ever watched. You are forced to watch a commercial before the stream starts (which is okay), be then thrown right into one of the many commercial breaks (meaning 3 minutes of more commercials usually), when you then get a glimpse of the actual footage, the players are usually waiting around before they can hit their shot. Just as you are actually about to see a real golf shot, the stream breaks down and needs to reload, throwing you right back into the vicious comemrcial watcing cycle ... and then, the first time Koepka actually did hit a shot while my stream was actually working, the camera missed it and kept on Molinari who was still planning his next shot. The commentator said "We will show you Koepka's shot later" ... then the stream broke down again ... I gave up after that and watched the semi-final of the Eurovision song contest instead:rolleyes:

On the flipside, the featured group coverage was perfect for me because I was at work. Had it on my phone in front of me, and just glanced down every now and then when they were playing a shot. :D Koepka's round was an absolute masterclass. Been saying for ages that he's the best golfer in the world for me. Doesn't seem to have any weaknesses.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Can’t complain too much about the ‘early’ feature group coverage, its extra content on top of the scheduled broadcast after all. Would be nice if there was more than a single feature group (even one group on each 9 would do) But it was all the current Major holders together so the group chosen was the right one

I’ll guess today's feature group will be the McIlroy/Day/Mickelson group (all Major winners but not for a looooong time)

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Managed to get onto the PGA website stream - DJ making it look dead easy at the minute. Driving it incredibly and knocking it close. Brooks has got some competition.