The Definitive Masters 2013 Tips Thread

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
We've got Valentino doing the one winner thread for The Masters but like me if you like to punt on a few players some ideas posted would be great,lets try and pick the winner!.For me;
Positives;
Padraig Harrington.66-1 The masters is a course that needs learning over the years and Harrington has played it very well in the past in he's former glory years.He's been in the doldrums for a while but has recently started showing some really good form and with three majors under he's belt when he is playing well he's a defo major contender.

Phil Mickelson. 11-1 Phil seems to relish the big tournys and plays he's best in them and is a Masters winner 3 times,he must go close again.

Rory Mcilroy. 11-1 might be a bit early to tip Rory but he's definatly getting he's form back and he's game is looking good at The Valero Texas,he may even win it which I guess will be the kiss of death for The Masters victory!.Rory loves Augusta and should have won it a few years back and will win it one day.

Henrik Stenson. 50-1 When Stenson was in form in 08-10 he managed 5 top tens in Majors,he's really hit some great form lately and he's game is well suited to Augusta as he plays those high dropping iron shots stone dead,just whats needed for those fast Augusta greens and he's a very good putter.

Negatives;
Tiger Woods 7/2 Ok i'm going to stick my neck out but Tigers still got to break the since 08 major duck and the pressure is really on him to do so,if he leads from the start the chances are he'll win it,if he's got to come from behind I don't think he'll do it.

Justin Rose. 20-1 The blokes got huge ability but is a bottle merchant,leading the Masters will scare the life out of him!

Louis Oosthuizen. 28-1 Played very well last year and came very close to winning The Masters but before that did nothing in the tourney and he's forms not good at the moment.I'd put he's fellow countryman Schwartzel to have a better chance than Louis.

Lee Westwood. 28-1 He's game seems to have nose dived since he moved to the US,he showed some form a few weeks back back he's putting woes continue and who could forget the putter ruining has chances of a win last year at The Masters.

Just my humble opinion ;)

Last edited:

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
there are a huge number of players who could win this one; these odds on Tiger, Phil and Rory simply don't look attractive for such an event (but obvioulsy if you bet on them and they win you will be happy!)

tsped83

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was in the bookies yesterday lunch time and put my bets on, hoping for the same success Bubba won got me last year, £180!

Bubba to win @ 28/1
Schwartzel to win @ 22/1
Dufner to win @ 40/1
Ogilvy e/w @ 80/1

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If beating Phil Mickleson in the Ryder Cup makes Justin Rose a bottle merchant, I'll have a swig or two from whatever bottle he's drinking from!

ventura

Head Pro
Visit site
I've gone e/w on Colsaerts @ 100/1 as I think he will do well on his debut and proved he's got more to his game than a long drive at the Ryder Cup.

And a little on Snedeker @28/1 due to his early season form.

Will also see what the PGA expert picks are - a few have tipped Horshel & Hoffman this week and currently doing well.

BrizoH71

Tour Rookie
brianhealy.net
As I've said in a previous thread, Keegan Bradley, currently available at 33/1 with a number of betting firms, will win this year’s US Masters at Augusta.

Back in 2010, Charl Schwarzel made his debut in the Masters and I tipped him up as the winner on a football forum I frequent. As it happened, he didn’t win and Phil Mickelson went on to win his third green jacket.

Schwartzel, of course, went on to win the US Masters in 2011, where on the same football forum I had tipped Bubba Watson…

In 2012, I tipped Keegan Bradley to win the tournament. Of course, he didn’t win, but who did? That's right, Bubba Watson…

So I’ve predicted the winner of the US Masters each of the past two years, but a year earlier than when they actually won. And so, in 2013, I’ll be betting on Bradley maintaining that pattern.

Simbo

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I was in the bookies yesterday lunch time and put my bets on, hoping for the same success Bubba won got me last year, £180!

Bubba to win @ 28/1
Schwartzel to win @ 22/1
Dufner to win @ 40/1
Ogilvy e/w @ 80/1

How dod you manage to get 80/1 on ogilvy??? He's not going!!

DappaDonDave

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Bubba to win @ 28/1
Schwartzel to win @ 22/1
Dufner to win @ 40/1
Ogilvy e/w @ 80/1

How dod you manage to get 80/1 on ogilvy??? He's not going!!

PAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Get that man a beer, ogilvy! LULZ

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I'm on justin rose (20/1) and Brandt snedker (28/1)
Which is my bet also.

Hoping to do better than at Aintree... spent the afternoon at the course backing wrong horse after wrong horse! :(

Last edited:

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
There are probably 20 guys who could win this, maybe more. My hard earned cash is staying firmly in my pocket. Don't gamble with what you can't afford to lose is motto. Good luck to you all though.

timchump

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Bill Haas is my scorching hot tip!

In a bit of form top 10 at the Shell Houston Open and at the Arnold Palmer Invitational

He's just the sort of american pro who could win it, ala Zach Johnson

Good value at 80/1 i think

I also like GMAC at 66/1 i think he's got the bit between his teeth again loosing it for a long while after his US open win imho