The Definitive Masters 2013 Tips Thread

jimbob.someroo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Gone a bit daft but only had £15 total ...

Guan Tianlang 1000/1 - 50p e/w (what a story that would be if he could make top 5?!)
Alan Dunbar 1000/1 - 50p e/w (good enough to put a couple of silly low rounds in, but don't hold much hope for this one)
D.A. Points 300/1 - 50p e/w (recent win will help confidence should he still be around at the weekend & has a chance of top 5)
Ernie Els 130/1 - £1 e/w (too big a price for the big man, value bet if nothing else)
Nicolas Colsaerts 110/1 - £1 e/w (think will win a BIG tournement at some point in his career, why not the masters? hits it miles too)
Padraig Harrington 66/1 - £1 e/w (coming back into form, glasses seem to be helping, past experience invaluable)
Dustin Johnson 30/1 - £1.50 e/w (more than good enough to win this and distance will be an advantage over most)
Keegan Bradley 25/1 - £1.50 e/w (not a fan of his but always does well when in contention, especially when I bet against him)

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Interesting how the book had tightened up on Woods,McIlroy and Mickelson today who are 4-1,10-1,and 12-1 respectively,the next placed player Rose is on 20-1.....there must be some good practise rounds going on there.The Old player who might do it bet for me would be Boom Boom Couples at a massive 250-1.Freddys won here before and still plays some great golf in the Champions.I'm trying to think of a good wind player as its forecasted for high winds and storms on Thur and Fri,Gmac anyone?

timchump

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
yep i've gone for gmac at 66/1 i think he's got a bit of form back, plus the "experts" are always saying augusta suits a drawer of the ball, gmacs natural shape, if winds are forecast even better

nice to see a lot of people betting, i normally do a pre tournament bet and then another round of betting half way through :D

Last edited:

jimbob.someroo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not seen much talk about Luke so far......

Anyone fancy his chances?

Nope. Just doesn't seem to have the ability to recreate his form of a few years ago and the times he has played OK this year, he seems to have slipped away over the weekend. Still a phenomenal talent, but it's just not there at the moment.

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Spare a thought for Ben Crenshaw!

Bad enough that 1 of his playing partners for the first two days is less than a third of his age but the other member of the trio is less than a quarter of his age!

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
With how the course is playing its favouring the bombers. Dustbin Johnson is a good bet imo.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not seen much talk about Luke so far......

Anyone fancy his chances?

Yep, I still have faith in him, he has the control needed for The Masters!

To be honest though, it could be anybody - with no stand out favourite IMO.

I'm not a betting man and think the bookies will have a field day!!

Good luck guys. :thup:

ventura

Head Pro
Visit site
Also had a bit on Dustin Johnson @30/1 e/w as I remember reading he does well in bad weather and forecast isn't great to start off with.

Westwood (@33/1) and Furyk (@50/1) both e/w as first round leaders. Both out early in group 7 and have both been in top 5 after first round in last 4 years. Always seems to be someone out early who sets the pace early on day one in golf tournaments.

carlosportsman

Club Champion
Visit site
Well I'm liking the look of Phil Mickelson and Keegan Bradley. Positive wind players are a must this week so Rickie Fowler is also a decent shot at 50/1. Best of luck all.

I am not as sure as some that wind will be a big enough factor over the 4 days, I agree with factoring it into any first round leader bets as it will be an issue for late thursday starters.

As for your three picks Steve, I think Phil and Keegan have good chances but Phil needs to bring his putting game and Keegan needs to be finding the greens better than last year.

As for fowler, I am not convinced his tee to green game is good enough to back up his short game skills at Augusta.

Cheifi0

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have gone with Justin Rose, Jim Furyk, Bill Haas and Nicholas Colsaerts all e/w. I would be happy if just one of them placed.