1st tee jitters - update

barb

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi all
just thought I'd update you on my preformance at our ladies day.
1st of all, many thanks for all the advice and support.
After having my usual cuppa in the club house, off I went with my group (which included our pro) to the 1st tee followed by the next 6 fourballs, I'd already been out and played a couple of holes earlier so felt quite warmed up, relaxed and tee'd up and hit one straight down the middle about 165yds, very pleased and relieved.
We had a beautiful day, the sun was out all afternoon and I ended up playing 4 under my handicap and came in 1st :cool:
Overall very pleased with play today.
if anyone is ever down my way and fancy a game let me know,
Cheers everyone for your support and words of wisdom.

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
And to think I had a stressful, shite day at work. I'd rather have the 1st tee nerves that put up with work on days like today. Oh, and to make matters worse, it's gonna be pi%&*&^ it down on Sat for my usual weekend game. Call when you've got a real problem!!!

That'll be 3 large glasses of wine and the aforementioned work. None meant.

barb

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi haplesshacker
Usually I am at work and having a shite day and can only play at weekends when it's piddling but this week is an exception and it's my birthday tomorrow so I took afew days off.
My next weekday off will be June :(
As I said if anyone is down or up my way and fancy a game (weekends) then give me a shout.

AliB

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Fantastic!
(do I hear that handicap dropping?)

Great effort on your first big occasion.

(Don't think I've had one yet!)

AliB

shanker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Hi all
just thought I'd update you on my preformance at our ladies day.
1st of all, many thanks for all the advice and support.
After having my usual cuppa in the club house, off I went with my group (which included our pro) to the 1st tee followed by the next 6 fourballs, I'd already been out and played a couple of holes earlier so felt quite warmed up, relaxed and tee'd up and hit one straight down the middle about 165yds, very pleased and relieved.
We had a beautiful day, the sun was out all afternoon and I ended up playing 4 under my handicap and came in 1st :cool:
Overall very pleased with play today.
if anyone is ever down my way and fancy a game let me know,
Cheers everyone for your support and words of wisdom.

You went out and played a couple of holes earlier!!!
You were 4 under your handicap and won???
Hand the prize back and learn the rules of golf, Barbie. :mad:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I think what shanker was trying to point out in his subtle way was that it is against the rules to go out and play any of the holes of the course being used prior to the start of the event punishable by disqualification. Just something you may want to bear in mind for future reference. If you want to wam up hit some balls in a net or go on the practice ground

I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it and bask in the glory of an excellenet opening drive (as we told you would happen) and a marvellous round. Was it a qualifying event for handicap purposes. What goodies did you win

shanker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I'm sorry Homer but the rules are the rules and the lady has broken them. She should own up and return the prize.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Even practice grounds can be dodgey, if its in play (not out of bounds) while on your competition round then its off limits until the competition is over. What surprised me though is that say a competition is over a friday and saturday, you are due to play on saturday morning, practice on the course or practice area is strictly off limits on the friday too.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ouch...practicing on the course on the day...

Hurts to even think about the infringement...

What a shocker...I'd spotted it... :(

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
Lads don't go jumping to any conclusions, the course may have two layouts as mine does and people quite often play a few holes on the course which the competition is not on in order to warm up.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
I thought that, and I got "told off" for playing the unused 9 on a 27 holer....couldn't tell you the rule for that.

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yea your probably safest not to, but I'm pretty sure there won't be a rule against it as one of the people who I know who has done it to be fair to him is in very good knowledge of competition rules as he was a competition secretary at a different club.

You never know though...he could be wrong, people make mistakes.

When you say you were "told off" does that mean just advised not to do it next time so's not to risk disqualification or told outright that your actions were wrong?

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
from barbs original post

"Thanks everyone,
I've got quite a bit of time in the morning before tee off so I think I'll go out on our members only course (we have a small 9 hole course that rarely gets used due to flooding) and hit a few. I think I'll leave the pop until we get back into the club house (it tends to go straight to my head )
Hopefully the weather will hold out.
I went out on Sat and played 2 under my handicap so you never know I may do it again.
Cheer all "

I believe there is no rule about playing a different course not part of the competition?