10 minute intervals

Mandofred

Visit site
I would love to play more, however I am not remotely annoyed that I can not, I'm grateful for the 2 rounds a week I can play compared to where we were last week. There's only a certain amount of tee times available and I think it's only fair that all members should have an opportunity to play at some point.
Fair enough...you aren't annoyed. I'm a bit annoyed. I am playing tomorrow and Saturday and then there are no more tee times until Tuesday/Wed evening. For some silly reason, our BRS opens the day one week from now that you can sign up. So tonight.....at MIDNIGHT, I can sign up for next Thursday. By the time I get up in the morning, all the morning slots are gone.....there are some really nocturnal people around here.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Email here for Inverness, 2 balls only and 10min intervals.
Only 2 bookings per person per week.
All social distance rules in place.
We have that new device for flags were you use your putter to lift bottom of cup and get ball out of the hole.

sam85

Head Pro
Visit site
Fair enough...you aren't annoyed. I'm a bit annoyed. I am playing tomorrow and Saturday and then there are no more tee times until Tuesday/Wed evening. For some silly reason, our BRS opens the day one week from now that you can sign up. So tonight.....at MIDNIGHT, I can sign up for next Thursday. By the time I get up in the morning, all the morning slots are gone.....there are some really nocturnal people around here.

All our tee times are going live at 6PM, by 10 past there's very few if any tee times available. Now if you were to take up one of those tee times to play your 4th round of the week when I haven't been able to play at all, then, maybe I might be a little annoyed.

Mandofred

Visit site
All our tee times are going live at 6PM, by 10 past there's very few if any tee times available. Now if you were to take up one of those tee times to play your 4th round of the week when I haven't been able to play at all, then, maybe I might be a little annoyed.
I'm one of those people who likes to practice....even if it doesn't do any good. I'm not allowed to go onto the practice ground before 8am.....I usually go about 6:30-7am this time of year so I don't have to share the field. I'm not allowed to.....another annoyance. I could live with not playing more.....but because they won't let me go out early to practice....I can't practice. I won't share the field with more than one other person....done it in the past and the balls flying past me are just....a...little.....annoying. I've got the practice green area booked for this Friday, only one person is allowed there.....and my short game always needs more work.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
To check the guidance to go from 10minute tee slots to 8min ones.

Hence the booking that opened today for next Tuesday is now in 8min increments after 7.30.
Between 6 and 7.30 we have longer gaps to help the green staff prepare the course each morning.
Interesting, we e-mailed them today and the answer was most definitely stick to 10.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
So grateful our club opens bookings at 7.00am each day. Seems a far more logical time and as a lot of people are up anyway seems a fairer way to log in and get a time rather than waking up and seeing the majority gone

Diamond

Visit site
Played yesterday at 4pm in a 2 ball. Both of us 28 handicappers. We allowed the 2 ball in front to complete the hole as we had 2 minutes before 4pm. Teed off at bang on 4pm. We were on the green at the first and the next 2 ball were walking up the fairway to play their 2nd shot. Checked watch it was 4:07 so they had 3 minutes left before their tee booking. This may be the norm but just 2 thoughts 1) what is the point of having 10 min tee times? 2) my playing partner is an old chap and he felt rushed throughout. We eventually let them through on the 12th after they nearly hit me when we were leaving the green of a par 3.
We finished in 3 hours and 2 minutes and felt totally rushed for 12 holes to the point we actually caught up 2 spring chickens in front by the 9th And had to wait for them!
The general manager has said to me that they were in their right to play off earlier than the tee of time. So again what’s the point if the 10 minute guidance?

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well. Car park at club was far less busy this morning than Monday, which was less busy than last Friday. Perhaps some of these people enjoying the good weather during furlough are now being dragged back unwillingly to work. It's like millionaires's golf again at the club. 10 mins intervals so you tee off as the group in front are leaving the green and this pace is kept up through out the round. No need to push the group in front nor feel pressured by the group behind. ~ 3 hour rounds. Bliss.

Does help of course to have the choice of playing 2 courses.

Only things I really miss is the banter between 3 or 4 players is often better than in a pair, and the losers pay for the pot of tea after the round with the associated "putting the world to rights" chat in the lounge.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Played yesterday at 4pm in a 2 ball. Both of us 28 handicappers. We allowed the 2 ball in front to complete the hole as we had 2 minutes before 4pm. Teed off at bang on 4pm. We were on the green at the first and the next 2 ball were walking up the fairway to play their 2nd shot. Checked watch it was 4:07 so they had 3 minutes left before their tee booking. This may be the norm but just 2 thoughts 1) what is the point of having 10 min tee times? 2) my playing partner is an old chap and he felt rushed throughout. We eventually let them through on the 12th after they nearly hit me when we were leaving the green of a par 3.
We finished in 3 hours and 2 minutes and felt totally rushed for 12 holes to the point we actually caught up 2 spring chickens in front by the 9th And had to wait for them!
The general manager has said to me that they were in their right to play off earlier than the tee of time. So again what’s the point if the 10 minute guidance?

in simple terms your GM is an idiot

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Tell the GM he ought to read the rules.

5.3 Starting and Ending Round
a. When to Start Round

A player’s round starts when the player makes a stroke to start his or her first hole (see Rule 6.1a).

The player must start at (and not before) his or her starting time:
  • A starting time set by the Committee is treated as an exact time (for example, 9 am means 9:00:00 am, not any time until 9:01 am).