YouTubers.

4LEX

Visit site
My condolences. I saw her on a Bad Golf video last year and found her incredibly annoying. Not only that, but she told them her handicap was 20, which seemed high given that her swing looked good and she pretty much striped everything. I checked her on EG since I know she's a member at Foxhills, and her handicap was in fact 4. So she's a bandit as well. 😂

Imagine the faces of the old boys as she wins a medal with net 50 in her leggings :ROFLMAO: Must've come down very fast and picked up a lot of wins.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
Watched a couple of holes and stopped, it was horrendous stuff to try watch.
I saw that about the sponsorship, no such thing as a "friendly" betting company especially if they're taking your money. Try telling that to the family of a gambling addict. A strange sponsor seeing as Tubes himself knows the dangers of addiction
I recently got Sky Sports through Now TV, so I could watch The Masters. I simply cannot believe the amount of gambling adverts. It seems like 50% or more of the adverts are just hawking gambling, like a drug dealer pushing the latest vice.

We'll look back on this period in 50 years with great shame.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I recently got Sky Sports through Now TV, so I could watch The Masters. I simply cannot believe the amount of gambling adverts. It seems like 50% or more of the adverts are just hawking gambling, like a drug dealer pushing the latest vice.

We'll look back on this period in 50 years with great shame.
Yes, they really are repulsive. We used to see cigarette adverts once upon a time too I guess. Somehow I think they were accepted more easily. The gambling ones come across as downright evil somehow.

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
The obvious big issue now is smartphones and access to gambling 24/7. Previously we all spotted guys with issues because they'd be physically seen in betting shops.
Now a guy could be at home tonight blowing his family's budget for the week and nobody even knows it's happening

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My condolences. I saw her on a Bad Golf video last year and found her incredibly annoying. Not only that, but she told them her handicap was 20, which seemed high given that her swing looked good and she pretty much striped everything. I checked her on EG since I know she's a member at Foxhills, and her handicap was in fact 4. So she's a bandit as well. 😂
Speaking of Bad Golf, has the channel been disbanded? No proper videos for a long time. I see John is a participant in the current series of Taskmaster.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The obvious big issue now is smartphones and access to gambling 24/7. Previously we all spotted guys with issues because they'd be physically seen in betting shops.
Now a guy could be at home tonight blowing his family's budget for the week and nobody even knows it's happening
Had all of this “odds” checking during my Sunday round and in the bar afterwards.. and then shouting the “odds” to everyone saying ah these are good …
Your right this is dangerous these guys are totally immersed in it oblivious that they are losing wads of cash .. without sounding like a complete digestive biscuit my view is betting should not be advertised and limitations should be on apps etc .. it’s worse than alcohol in my opinion

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Speaking of Bad Golf, has the channel been disbanded? No proper videos for a long time. I see John is a participant in the current series of Taskmaster.
Yeah, I don't know, I think the two of them have been busy. John has been on a stand-up tour which I think has just finished, and then of course filming the current TM series. He said on Beef's Golf Club podcast that he hasn't been able to play much lately. Alex Horne gets a lot of work these days too, as well as making two series of TM a year. To be honest I didn't even like the format of the few videos they did last year either. The guests they had on were a bit sub-standard I'd say. I enjoyed the one-on-one matches - partly because they played a lot of courses near me that I've played as well - but as Crow said perhaps they weren't as good when John improved far beyond Alex's level. Although he still had the propensity for an absolute meltdown, which were my favourite episodes. 😁 Hopefully it's not the end though.

Last edited:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Yeah, I don't know, I think the two of them have been busy. John has been on a stand-up tour which I think has just finished, and then of course filming the current TM series. He said on Beef's Golf Club podcast that he hasn't been able to play much lately. Alex Horne gets a lot of work these days too, as well as making two series of TM a year. To be hones I didn't even like the format of the few videos they did last year either. The guests they had on were a bit sub-standard I'd say. I enjoyed the one-on-one matches - partly because they played a lot of courses near me that I've played as well - but as Crow said perhaps they weren't as good when John improved far beyond Alex's level. Although he still had the propensity for an absolute meltdown, which were my favourite episodes. 😁 Hopefully it's not the end though.
They filmed a season climax at Royal Ascot. Can't say they were overly popular with the members which I think is caught on camera as they were very slow and holding the course up

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
They filmed a season climax at Royal Ascot. Can't say they were overly popular with the members which I think is caught on camera as they were very slow and holding the course up
That's strange because I usually got the impression that they stop filming and let "bigger boys" (as they call them) play through.

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site

She’s also now girlfriend of England cricketer Ollie Robinson which I was shocked at as he was due to get married last year think there was a wisden article saying it was less than 2 months away then all of a sudden he was doing a podcast with her during his winter training

Going full on conspiracy mode but she stinks of being a industry plant 😂

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Anybody manage to watch more than 3 holes of the Tubes and Goldstein video?? 🫣 It's some of the worst golf I've seen and I'm a 24 handicapper. It's really cringe too. Unfortunately, the channel has been getting loads as they've been sponsored by a 'friendly' betting company which seems a bit odd too.
Have just watched this match. My god, the first two holes were torturous - Tubes is normally better than that! Spoiler but Goldstein did manage to get it together and knock a few pars in and make it a close match in the end. When he was shanking around the circumference of the first green I had serious doubts. 😂

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Started watching the latest Peter finch vlog at harbour town last night. He’s playing some cracking courses and the videos are very well produced.
But…

I just wish he’d reign the attempt at comedy in a bit. Everything that comes out of his mouth is a pun or a joke or something trying to be funny. Becomes very wearing. He’s usually a lot better when he’s playing with someone else as they take some of the camera time up, breaks things up a bit. Unfortunately he tends to play on his own. He seems like a lovely bloke, one of the ones I root for, but he can be a hard watch.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Started watching the latest Peter finch vlog at harbour town last night. He’s playing some cracking courses and the videos are very well produced.
But…

I just wish he’d reign the attempt at comedy in a bit. Everything that comes out of his mouth is a pun or a joke or something trying to be funny. Becomes very wearing. He’s usually a lot better when he’s playing with someone else as they take some of the camera time up, breaks things up a bit. Unfortunately he tends to play on his own. He seems like a lovely bloke, one of the ones I root for, but he can be a hard watch.
I can’t watch him anymore 😖

4LEX

Visit site
Yeah, I don't know, I think the two of them have been busy. John has been on a stand-up tour which I think has just finished, and then of course filming the current TM series. He said on Beef's Golf Club podcast that he hasn't been able to play much lately. Alex Horne gets a lot of work these days too, as well as making two series of TM a year. To be honest I didn't even like the format of the few videos they did last year either. The guests they had on were a bit sub-standard I'd say. I enjoyed the one-on-one matches - partly because they played a lot of courses near me that I've played as well - but as Crow said perhaps they weren't as good when John improved far beyond Alex's level. Although he still had the propensity for an absolute meltdown, which were my favourite episodes. 😁 Hopefully it's not the end though.

Yep they started getting guests they didn't need. The chemistry and banter between them was what made it plus the fact they were really bad at the start. John got a little bit cocky once he improved.

rystaman

Visit site
But…

I think it's a certain type of humour that isn't for everyone. I really like Pete and listen to the podcast every week with his team too

Bucktaylor64

Medal Winner
Visit site
I think it's a certain type of humour that isn't for everyone. I really like Pete and listen to the podcast every week with his team too
Just watched him beat Rick Shiels 2 up in their Golfbidder challenge! If this YouTube Masters ever comes off, Peter will be in with a chance!