youtube adverts

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
YouTube have been changing and increasing adverts in the last few months. Especially what they call the mid-roll ads.
Content creators can opt-out or configure where mid-rolls occur in their videos. It’s entirely within their power. Many do not because money.

Bobthesock

Visit site
So? They are incredibly popular and growing very quickly, as Rick says himself. They're also much bigger in the US than Rick likely is. What point are you trying to make here?
He has over double their subscribers. It's more likely "good good" would gain benefits from bring with rick.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
He has over double their subscribers. It's more likely "good good" would gain benefits from bring with rick.

This is what happened. They even thanked Rick for helping them get to the million mark much quicker than they expected. This happened after their collaboration videos.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If you have an android device. Phone or tablet you can install YouTube vanced and not have to watch another ad. Its brilliant.

I use it on my phone and tablet. Still watch YouTube on the firestick on the telly. The ads are frequent but just about manageable.

Bobthesock

Visit site
This is what happened. They even thanked Rick for helping them get to the million mark much quicker than they expected. This happened after their collaboration videos.
That's what I thought. I'm glad rick had them on as I had never heard of them. I now know never to watch them as well, the one with the glasses must be the most irritating person on YouTube!

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've been watching some golf youtube. Rick Shiels to be exact.

To start the video you'd need to watch 2 adverts, 3 more 2:30 in and 3 more 5:12 in. 8 adverts in 5 minutes.

They are a bit annoying, but the only way to catch up on what Rick was up to at the weekend, what a legend he is at Trafford Golf Centre where he mixes with the common people for selfies and autographs, and a we-will we-wont we-will tease about an idea for content later this year. Or maybe next year.

Last edited:

SyR

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Like most things, the advertising stops when you pay for the service. Until then you are going to get ads every few minutes with a percentage of those being unskipable.
Except for Sky TV...

If on PC or tablet / phone, then you can skip most of the un-skippable adverts by clicking on the ! usually at the bottom left of the screen and then reporting the advert using one of the 3 options it gives. It takes a few seconds to do.

SyR

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

I think it's worked both ways. They are a young American channel that is growing fast and are being noticed by a lot of people and companies.
They already have equipment deals with Mizuno, Cobra etc and have worked with PGA, DP World and Top Golf etc on content and had Bryson DeChambeau , Luke Poulter, John Daly Jr and a whole host of professional and college golfers on their channels.
I suspect with or without Rick they were going to surpass his sub count, but their collab has certainly got them to 1 million sooner.
I think the link-up has probably served both groups well as sure it's exposed Rick's channel to a lot of young US golf fans.

Reactions: sjw