Your 'worst' par?

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
What is the ugliest par you've ever made?

Mine was a few months ago- 200 yard par 3. Pulled my tee shot pin high with my hybrid 30 yards left. 60 degree lob wedge thinned over the right side by 10 yards. Chipped into the hole with the same club in front of 3 playing partners and another 4 ball waiting on us playing through. :eek:

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Par 5, 8th hole yesterday... Missed the fairway at least 50 yds right. It cleared the rough, then a ditch, then jungle high rough, then more rough and came to rest on the 11th fairway. 2nd shot was hit with a 5 wood for safety... that headed back towards thefairway before slicing again and finishing in the jungle high rough. Sadly I found the ball but could only advance it about 80yds, and still in the rough, leaving about 40yds to the green. A sandwedge to about a foot and a tap in par.

Andy808

Tour Winner
Visit site
Our 8th 320 yards about 6 months ago.
Tee shot hits a tree and comes back to about 50 yards from the tee. Duffed 3 wood to 30 yards short then thinned a lob wedge into the flag that shun back into the hole.
We were crying with laughter as one of my partners hit a peach of a drive, then hit a 9 iron onto the green and 3 putted from 10 feet.

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Mine was on our 3rd...... A Par 4 at 329 mtrs..... In a medal to play safe and keep short of trouble and straight i topped my 3 wood which ran around 30 mtrs...... Pulled said club again in a slight bit of rage and mixed embarrassment and creamed it to a flick of a wedge distance from the green..... Pulled the said wedge and bladed it only for it to ricochet off the flag to about 20ft... Sank the putt and walked off smiling and shaking my head..... Funny ol game.....

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not a par but birdie.

Par 5 14th Patshull Park

Carved tee shot right into bushes
Took unplayable and smashed it no more than a foot of the ground towards water hazard to be saved by small sign
Chipped in from 100 yards..............

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
6th hole at Stoke Rochford. Big sliced drive right behind trees, second shot hit the tree and finished behind me. Third shot was a thinned iron that ended up in the rough on the other side of the fairway then put a pitching wedge straight in the hole for par.

Liqdaddymac

Head Pro
Visit site
1st hole, Celtic Manor Montgomery course.

par 4, was 3ft right of the pin after the drive. It's a pretty slopping green back to front, eagle attempt straight through the break hit lip and shot down slope about 6ft!! Then left the straight uphill birdie putt hanging on the edge! Not Happy!

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A couple of weeks ago. First tee. 185 yard par 3. Toe-Sherman'd one into trees, which came out just in front of the ladies tee. Hit 8 iron to the back of the green and then rolled in a 30ft putt. Text book par in my eyes.

D

Deleted Member 1156

A regular playing partner at my previous club................

Stroke index 1 hole, a long par 4. Carved his drive right into some trees, managed to find it but could only hack it sideways into a fairway bunker. Finished under the lip so had to splash out sideways.......then holed a 3 wood for his par :confused:

Hallsy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Today on our 18th a 148 yd par 3 slightly downhill. Stood at the tee to see the pro stood at the side of the green with some junior players waiting to have a chipping lesson. Thinned an 8 iron that shot through the green to the bunker behind. Walked past the pro and juniors giving them a little nod. Thinned my bunker shot on the compact wet sand through the green finishing about 7ft off the green in to the light rough. Walked past the pro and juniors again giving another little nod. 52 degree wedge chip pitching about 15ft onto the green and a nice little roll out where it hit the pin and dropped, to which the pro turns to the juniors and says "And thats why the short game is so important" :D

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
There's no such thing as an ugly par.

My most unlikely was several years ago, don't remember the course or the hole apart from it being a short par 4 with OB down the right. Rather than going for the green I decided to hit an iron off the tee and sliced it OB. Then stuck my 2nd ball to a foot and holed for par.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Saw a 24-handicapper once make a par-4 on a 400-yard hole with four three-woods in a three-club challenge. 3-wood off the tee, 3-wood over the river to the edge of the green and then two-putted from the fringe with his three-wood. Damned thing I ever saw on the course. 4 for 4 points as well.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I'd had so many of these down the years it's hard to pick one..
Maybe a 320 yard par 4 - topped tee shot, duffed 2nd into a fairway bunker, thinned 9 iron to 18 inches and then a putt that used all of the hole...twice! A definite "all-round" good putt.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Surrey Open @1969

Short Par 5
With a good card going I duck hooked into thick trees,
Reload.......same shot.
Reload.....split the fairway.
Found first ball deep in the forest on a nicely cut bit if grass in front of a cottage.
Small gap back to fairway, ball flew out cleared the fairway into trees on the other side.
Another gap another flyer into a grass bunker in the rough on the other side of the fairway
Real gamble of a 9 iron cleared the face and pitched on the very back of the green and held.
Tapped in a 15 yarder for my par.

DAVEYBOY

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Had one Saturday, 3 crap shots but actual 4th shot was superb.

1st hole

1- Hit a push with driver that left me behind a huge oak tree.
2- Hit a low punch with 6 iron under the oak tree but caught a fallen branch before making it back to the fairway. Decent shot so maybe unlucky to catch the fallen branch.
3- 90 yards left. 58 degree from deep wet rough and didn't catch it as intended. Left me 20ish yards from pin over the corner of a bunker and to a raised pin.
4-Hit a great little pitch that landed exactly where I had intended and it rolled up and in.

1 up in the match lol

D

Deleted member 15344

No such thing. A par is a par and no pictures on the card, only numbers

:)

Well obviously some people believe there might be.

Next you will be saying Santa isn't real

My "ugly" par happened twice

There is a par three at Wrag Barn over water about 210 I think - first tee shot straight into the drink - three of the tee - straight in the hole !

17th at LB - first tee shot OOB - three of the tee onto the green then sunk the putt !