Your shot of the year so far

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
I love pulling off an amazing shot purely because of the thrill it gives you and the joy of pulling off the shot you were trying to execute.

I have 2

1. Playing in my first ever comp round at Ilfracombe GC and on the 10th a very tough par 4 I had 190 to the flag,i was in the first cut just off the fairway so pulled my 25 degree rescue and hit it near as dam it to where I was aiming,bouncing 30 yards short it rolled up the green and in for an eagle.

2. Last weekend same hole hit a nice drive but in the semi again but it was sitting up 242 to the green with a ditch at 170 ish I knobbed it 40 yards.
Pulled out the 25 degree rescue and nailed it to 15ft and sunked the putt for par.

These shots just give you a thrill that makes you come back for more.

Looking forward to hearing about yours.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I love pulling off an amazing shot purely because of the thrill it gives you and the joy of pulling off the shot you were trying to execute.

I have 2

1. Playing in my first ever comp round at Ilfracombe GC and on the 10th a very tough par 4 I had 190 to the flag,i was in the first cut just off the fairway so pulled my 25 degree rescue and hit it near as dam it to where I was aiming,bouncing 30 yards short it rolled up the green and in for an eagle.

2. Last weekend same hole hit a nice drive but in the semi again but it was sitting up 242 to the green with a ditch at 170 ish I knobbed it 40 yards.
Pulled out the 25 degree rescue and nailed it to 15ft and sunked the putt for par.

These shots just give you a thrill that makes you come back for more.

Looking forward to hearing about yours.

I played a Victor Dubuisson style miracle chip a few weeks ago. I was playing at Nevill GC in Tunbridge Wells. I think it was the 17th, I found myself to the right of the green after two shots with my ball underneath the edge of a bush. My stance involved having small branches in my face, was hitting off a downslope with two big bunkers to catch anything short or right. I only had enough space to make a backswing of about 18 inches, maybe slightly more. I was just focussing on making good contact with the ball....

Ended up catching it well, it floated up into the air, sailed the necessary 15 yards over the bunker and stopped 1 foot from the pin for a tap in par.

My playing partners could not believe it! Nor could I though to be fair. 99 times out of 100, I would either have been in the sand, not moved it at all, or thinned it over the green!

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Has to be hole in one at start of the month but next time I was out on our 2nd hole left myself a lot longer than usual- 168yards from pin, in first cut and hit 5 iron bang on- hit green, rolled up to hole and hit pin out to a foot for tap in birdie.... Thought I had cracked the game only for it to take away the very very next hole lol!!!!

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
playing greensomes, hit the sweetest hybrid i have ever hit from 210 yards to 1ft for a tap in birdie. My partner was pretty chuffed, but to be honest, that was the only real contribution i gave to the game!

bernix

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
2nd shot on our notorious difficult, long par-4 3rd hole. 2nd shot from 200yards. a perfect 5-wood 8 feet to the cup, holed out for birdie

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
As above, in Greensomes the other week, 190 ish hybrid to within a foot which my PP tapped in.
8 holes later, my PP left me a tricky chip over a bunker onto the green, managed a Mickleson stylee flop shot which I caught perfectly and holed it :whoo:

Spuddy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Holed an 8 iron for an eagle last week on our 16th from about 140yds. Quite a stiff breeze of the left so played a nice draw that held it's line, pitched about 5 yards shot of the hole and rolled in at dead weight.

Also, I was blocked out on our par 5 by trees for the 3rd shot being on the left side so faced a bunker short and left of the green. Played a three quarters 5 iron back in the stance with a closed face and the result was a low draw (probably no more than 10ft off the ground) that started on the right edge of the green, pitching maybe 20yds short and running up to 10ft.... Missed the birdie putt

Paul77

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have loads of wee "Did you see that?" shots in mind but one that stands out was a uphill par 5. Knocked my tee shot onto the other fairway so cutting back on had me going through the small treeline to the green about 200 yards away uphill. I pulled out the 3 wood I had at the time. Nothing to lose I smacked it. It looked like it was going straight and started to fade in. Got up to the green and it had landed 6ft on from the front. My mate just looked at me and said "Jammy basta***" I don't think I've smiled as big since that shot.

Spear-Chucker

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Like these threads... Shows what we can do even as humble amateurs

Mine would be the 17th hole of our scratch cup. Ok tee shot leaving 190 into a sloped green with a decent left to right breeze. Pressure was on and figuring the adrenaline was high took a club less (5 iron) and held a gentle fade in the wind over a couple of bunkers to 10 ft. Narrowly missed the putt but that one shot took all the pressure off the round and was able to close out for win.

Crawfy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Three stick out for me.

A 225yd 3wood tee shot into 4 feet on a long par 3 at Cornelia Faldo in Belek. It was right down it but an uphill green meant that the ball pitched in and didn't roll on...as it could have been a lot better.

Flushing a driver and splitting the fairway on the 1st at the Brabazon. Not the most difficult shot, but was over the moon with the execution. Especially as it was Masters weekend and there were about a dozen fellow golfers watching. Boy, did I strut down that fairway.

The best however was greening my drive on the Par 4th 10th at the Brabazon (we were off the front tee) Got a very lucky break as I hit the bank on the right and the ball raced past the hole, as the four of us held our breath. Unfortunately I lipped out the 20ft putt. Still a birdie at an iconic hole

Siren

Tour Rookie
Visit site
First comp of the year I had 210 left uphill into the wind, decided to go for it with my 3 wood, nailed a huge high draw which landed 8 feet from the flag which I then drained for Birdie. Won the comp by a point.

drew83

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Had a bad round with the driver few weeks back, got to the 16th, 290 yards before 90 degree left 200 ish to pin. Lake to left, thick rough to right.

Went for it, 285ish drive straight as an arrow. 2nd shot lovely 5w leaving a short chip to green ending 2ft from pin. little tap in for my 1st proper birdie!! (not 1 "shot" of the year but 2 in 1 hole!)

Foliage Finder

Head Pro
Visit site
Mine happened yesterday! I've been struggling off the tee for a while now and just started to make improvements. Joined a couple of blokes yesterday who said "just get that G10 out (thanks to mteam for that - cracking club) and give it a whack". I'm glad they did. First shot wasn't too bad but at least it was straight.

But the second time I used it was on the par 4 5th, 340 yds, SI 6. Just relaxed, bit more confident from the ok shot previously, had a good tempo and rhythm. Nailed it straight down the middle, beauty of a shot. Found three balls in a straight line, about 20 yards between each in the middle of the fairway. Mine was closest to the green. Absolute corker. Left a great line in, about 80 yards to the pin. Duffed it low and right, chipped and a 2 putt for a 5 but I didn't care much about that at that point!

:D

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Holing a long bunker shot (around 50 yards) from the left of our 14th across a contoured green a few days after a bunker lesson to learn the correct technique. Majestically high with a 52 degree wedge that landed softly and just rolled down the slope and to the bottom of the hole. Good times

G

guest100718

I holed a lovely 40 foot snake of a putt on Monday evening.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Mine was also at Ilfracombe!
It was a 50+ foot putt drained from the front of the 13th to a back pin for a birdie on their stroke hole 1.
You should have seen my playing partner's shoulders slump!
It was dead weight and I knew it was in with 15 feet to go .............................. marvellous.

Slime.

IanG

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Pitching in the hole for an eagle 2 from 100yds at our 13th hole. It's called Pit and is the one with the green tucked behind a stone wall for those who know the West Links. Sweetly struck 52 degree wedge with a slight tail wind. Second eagle of the season so far after a drought of many years.

G

guest100718

Mine was also at Ilfracombe!
It was a 50+ foot putt drained from the front of the 13th to a back pin for a birdie on their stroke hole 1.
You should have seen my playing partner's shoulders slump!
It was dead weight and I knew it was in with 15 feet to go .............................. marvellous.

Slime.

I was 3 down after 3 then went birdie par birdie to level the match, with the 40 footer dropping to draw level :eek:)