Your shot of the year so far

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Playing a long dogleg right on a par 4 into the wind. Its usually a drive then 7 iron. I hit a good drive but was 3 wood distance out, and still short of the corner. Hit it sweet with cut to about 10-15ft, and 2 putts for a par. 4up after 5, and went on to win 6&5.

thesheriff

Head Pro
Visit site
Last Saturday, fighting the 40 mph winds and hitting many long irons off the deck, even on the short holes.

10th hole, wind blasting in from about 10 o'clock to the line to the green. 4 iron off the deck having to aim 25 yards left of the green into the middle of the trees. Flushed it and it arrowed towards those trees, then the wind hit it like a freight train and brought it back to have it safely rolling up the front of the green.

A shot loaded with peril which came off nicely. I was very pleased.

m10johnson

Head Pro
Visit site
Played poor this year, but there was a good one from Saturday's medal.

Pulled a 3 wood right behind a massive popular. Took line of sight relief and managed to drop it on the next tee box. 7 iron, wind off the left and against around 150 to the pin. Played down the left side of the greenside bunker, wind helped it back towards the green, pitched and spun to about an inch for a tap in par.

Montezuma

Hacker
Visit site
Not quite a single shot (like a couple of others above) but I was overjoyed with it... I went out last Friday for a cheeky post-work 9 holes and bagged my first ever eagle. 480 yard par 5 which I drove solidly (must have been ~250 yards, which is long for me), followed by the sweetest 3 wood I've ever struck the remainder of the distance with a healthy fade to curve it around the front bunker to 10 foot from the hole, followed by a one-putt for that magic eagle. Was on my own but that didn't stop me throwing my hands up in celebration!

IanG

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Not quite a single shot (like a couple of others above) but I was overjoyed with it... I went out last Friday for a cheeky post-work 9 holes and bagged my first ever eagle. 480 yard par 5 which I drove solidly (must have been ~250 yards, which is long for me), followed by the sweetest 3 wood I've ever struck the remainder of the distance with a healthy fade to curve it around the front bunker to 10 foot from the hole, followed by a one-putt for that magic eagle. Was on my own but that didn't stop me throwing my hands up in celebration!

Nice one ...imaginary crowds holler loudest !

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
56* wedge from 85 yards that was judged perfectly in a crosswind to land 6 foot from the pin. Another one from 60 yards to a tight pin on a shelf to save par was good too.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Mine was also at Ilfracombe!
It was a 50+ foot putt drained from the front of the 13th to a back pin for a birdie on their stroke hole 1.
You should have seen my playing partner's shoulders slump!
It was dead weight and I knew it was in with 15 feet to go .............................. marvellous.

Slime.

You might not believe this but I did exactly the same on the same hole in a pairs game with my dad.
All of 50ft for birdie and 4 points

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One of two....not sure

Either:
The 230 yard hybrid to 8ft for birdie on a par 5 after hitting driver into a bush and then chipping out sideways

or

the 30 yard flop shot over a bunker from thick rough to about 6 ft which I holed to make par.

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nearly a fortnight ago second round of Club Champs - lost ball off the tee up our par 5 5th ended up taking an 8 - gutted. Hit a fairway wood up the 6th left myself about 75-80yards uphill to a blind green, as the ball was at the top of it's flight I said to my FCs I enjoyed that, got up to the green only 2 balls in view 'Kev thinned his a little maybe it went through back?' Nope there was my ball nestled at the bottom of the cup!

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
You might not believe this but I did exactly the same on the same hole in a pairs game with my dad.
All of 50ft for birdie and 4 points

Ah, but I was playing off 19 so managed 5 points!
4 pts the day before and 2 pts the round before that after playing three off the tee!
I liked that hole, hell, I loved the whole course ....................... as well you know :thup:.

Slime.

StrangelyBrown

Tour Winner
Visit site
On our 12th, I hit a nice enough drive but in the rough up the left. I didn't think I could reach the green so I took a seven iron planning to give myself a decent chance to pitch and putt for a par. Well, I knobbed the seven iron about ten yards. I then went for a six iron from about 160, still in the rough on the left and hit it to an inch from the cup.

Yes, I holed the putt ;)

Stan Yarmez

Hacker
Visit site
2 leap to mind. First was on our 173 yard par 3 6th. Hit a glorious 5 iron (if I do say so myself) which rolled and rolled closer and closer. Could it be an ace..............no it ended about an inch short of dropping. It would have been my first ace as well, never mind saved me a few quid behind the bar. Second was last week, I'd missed the green right on our 332 yard par 4 1st by some serious margin (happens more often than I'd like) leaving me about 30 yards with the ball buried in some seriously rough rough. Out came the trusty 60 degree, up it leaped like a salmon returning home to spawn. One bounce and in. Unfortunately I was playing alone and had no one to glory over my skill with so I resorted to treating myself to a bit of flapjack and a bit of a dance.

D

Deleted member 1147

I hit a fairway last night, I was made up, I really was!

:clap:

It's been a season of ups & downs, but mainly downs!

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
7th on the Marquess @ Woburn on Monday, I hit a 4i to about 10ft for an Eagle chance.

Earlier in the year I hit a great 8i to 1ft on our par 3 11th.

Great thread!

D

Deleted member 1147

17th at Kedleston, 2nd shot, 235 to the pin, downhill, slight headwind.
5 wood to 3ft, knocked in the putt for eagle and the match - 3rd straight eagle on that hole (unfortunately none were in qualifying comp's, all knockouts and bounce games)

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I've got 2 that weren't amazing shots, but both memorable in their own way.

1. In a BB open at Sherwood Forest and playing awful. I'd just hit a terrible shot over the back of the green, and across the green of another hole behind ours. It had finished on the far fringe of the wrong green.
After apologising to the group on the other hole (which they were fine about), they were waiting on the next tee so all watching to see what happened next.
I had about 45 yards to go. Thankfully I nipped the ball off the well manicured fringe, it landed 5yds short, bounced 2 or 3 times then stopped dead on the spot about 2' right of the hole. Obviously I didnt milk the applause at all. :eek:

2. Singles matchplay and 1 down with 2 to play. Our 17th is a short par 5 and usually downwind. We both hit good drives, then he hits his second shot to about 8'.
With the pressure of being one down and my oppo having an eagle putt, I hit my second shot to 12' and made the putt. Unfortunately for me, he followed me in and I halved the last to lose the match 1 down.